New HIT Channels on SES1 and AMC18

Status
Please reply by conversation.
But I've gone through the packages and nothing really satisfies what I like. I am a sports nut and love MLB Network. I watch a lot of TruTV and A&E and usually in the mornings its VH1 classic. Believe me, I've looked through the packages.

Starz Pack...dont watch movies so even if I got it for free I wouldn't watch it ;)
Sports pack...the only one I'd watch is Speed and honestly now that I've seen it in HD I wouldn't go back to a SD version. I saw that this weekend on Dish....blech! ESPN Classic for the old AWA Wrestling but they've replayed them so many times after a month or so you've seen them all
Pick 10 I couldnt even find 10 channels that I'd say "yeah those are the 10 I want". Heck out of the options there are 5 channels that you can "pick from" that are available free with a KU setup.
I guess if they had more channels alacarte maybe. But 16 options? I know you mentioned in another post how you'd have to pay $7 for ESPN Classic but its on H2H for $6 alone ala carte. For $7 on Dish you'd get NFL RedZone, NBA TV, NHL Network, Big Ten Network, Fox Soccer Channel and Fuel TV and the other regional sportschannels.

I'm by no means a Dish "pom pom" person. I had Dish originally when I bought my house 8+ years ago. I have had all 4 DBS providers out there (Dish, Bell, Shaw and now Directv) and for me right now Directv works the best. Dish torqued me off way too many times for me to go back to them. Bell and Shaw are too spendy now with the Canadian dollar near par with the US dollar (it was nice when it was like 60 cents).

Do I wish alacarte was really available (like more than what is currently out there) for folks? Heck yeah. Even themes like they do in Canada would be nice. So if you dont want sports you dont pick them. For me cartoon channels are useless (no kids) so why should I get them? Canada has "Category 1" and "Category 2" channels. Cat 1 is the "common" channels and everyone carries them. Cat 2 you can buy alacarte.

But honestly I dont see stations coming back to the 4DTV market. I'd like to see it but it probably isnt gonna happen.

I have to agree that the ala carte channels and pick 10 package are extremely overpriced on HITS. It was a no brainer to go with the Digital Basic Package having 35 channels for $24 a month vs. ten channels for $20. ESPN Classic is included in the Digital Basic Package.

I also believe some channels available on HITS aren't available on DirecTV or Dish Network such as "MTV Hits", "VH1 Country", "CMT Pure", "VH1 Soul", "Halogen" and "Centeric", but I could be wrong.

I recently read that Starz and Showtime are quickly headed towards taking over the number one pay TV position away from HBO. Starz might cost a few dollars more monthly on HITS compared to DirecTV and Dish Network, but when purchased in the Get It All Pack the cost becomes more affordable. Plus on HITS you get all the west feeds of the Encore channels which is something Dish Network and DirecTV don't offer.

To sum it up HITS is another option that people can take advantage of in this current economy to help save some money. It is a great addition to a basic DirecTV, Dish Network or CATV package as well as can be purchased alone in addition to OTA for local programming for even greater cost savings.

I have to wonder why all these anti pizza pro 4DTV supporters like tvropro and yourself are promoting and selling subscriptions to DirecTV when you are fighting to keep C band subscriptions alive? :) Are you sleeping with the enemy?

No, there is a deal for Direct subscribers to refer people to Direct. If I do you get $100 off and I get $100 off so it would be in your's & mine best interest. I do understand you need to have peace in your family and pizza supplies it. The thing is why pay top dollar if you don't have to :)

B
As for the rain fade, some folks must live in a monsoon area because in 14 months I have lost signal 3 times..once was due to a freak snowstorm and the others were due to heavy dark cloud cover.

The way the storms roll through Chicago with the position of the satellites. Direct can get very annoying going up and down for hours when we get some good storms rolling through. I'm sorry Ice I'm spoiled and NEVER lost a C band signal in any weather event. When it's raining cats and dogs I'm usually in front of the tv. Direct gave me a lot of grief last summer even with the 90cm on 101, forget the stock dish Direct supplies. C band will bury the meter when Direct is totally gone showing 771.

I also believe some channels available on HITS aren't available on DirecTV or Dish Network such as "MTV Hits", "VH1 Country", "CMT Pure", "VH1 Soul", "Halogen" and "Centeric", but I could be wrong.

Direct has Centric but you have to go to Choice Xtra. The rest of the channels are not on any pizza system. The music channels are part of the original MTV digital suite on C3. The ones missing from the master mux are Nick Too, MTV Jams, Logo and MTV Esp. When I got my 4D I got the masters on C3, they were great to have, always look forward to when they run ITC. To get VH1 classic with Direct you have to get Choice Xtra. On HITS I can get the MTV mini pack for $25 and change for 3 months and get all the music channels and Teen Nick etc. I like VH1 Classic, CMT Pure, TV Land and Teen Nick in the small HITS MTV pack.

I just looked at the DirecTV channel packages. Sure the Choice package is only $29.99 a month for the first 12 months, but there is a 24 month agreement and in the second year you will be paying a whopping $61 a month for the same programming. :eek: However, I do like the fact that it includes channels such as Science, Hallmark, Cooking, etc which are usually available in higher tier packages.

I believe I'll stick with Dish Network due to their VIP722 HD DVR receiver which allows a hookup in another room at no additional charge and they too have full access to the DVR recorded programming and features. Plus Dish Network offers more channel packages and superstations.

I have to agree with Tvropro, during a snowstorm this past winter our C band programming was unaffected while our Dish Network was out.

Money talks and if programmers are seeing an increase in C band HITS subscribers additional channels will soon be included to generate additional income.

I just looked at the DirecTV channel packages. Sure the Choice package is only $29.99 a month for the first 12 months, but there is a 24 month agreement and in the second year you will be paying a whopping $61 a month for the same programming. :eek: However, I do like the fact that it includes channels such as Science, Hallmark, Cooking, etc which are usually available in higher tier packages.

you sure? I just got a promo piece in the mail (even though I'm a sub) that says 29.99 for 1st year and $44 for 2nd year

I like the fact that from Choice to Choice Xtra is $5 and you get lots more channels.

On HITS I can get the MTV mini pack for $25 and change for 3 months and get all the music channels and Teen Nick etc. I like VH1 Classic, CMT Pure, TV Land and Teen Nick in the small HITS MTV pack.

That is a good package having 10 channels for only $8.69 a month or lower when paid quarterly or annually.

you sure? I just got a promo piece in the mail (even though I'm a sub) that says 29.99 for 1st year and $44 for 2nd year

I like the fact that from Choice to Choice Xtra is $5 and you get lots more channels.

The ad says that you save $31 a month for the first year. Perhaps you got it for $44 for the second year.

I do like that Choice Xtra is only $5 more and you do get a lot of additional channels.

I have to agree with Tvropro, during a snowstorm this past winter our C band programming was unaffected while our Dish Network was out.

I've had C ban since 1987 an have always been able to watch it during any weather. The only thing that stops me is when the power goes out.

Money talks and if programmers are seeing an increase in C band HITS subscribers additional channels will soon be included to generate additional income.

That's the bottom line, money talks. I will keep putting in my 2 cents to the right people to try to make the ones with the power listen. Heck it worked with things so far so I will keep trying.

Iceberg you must get different offers because of your location - whatever country Minnesota is in! ;)

I would like to know how affordable pizza would be if they did not do the mass mailings and annoying tv commercials! :eek:

Even the Directv site says it

"You'll receive a monthly bill credit of $31 in your first year and a monthly bill credit of $16 in your second year"

most of the "mass mailings" that come for Dish and Direct are from retailers. Cable ones are just confusing

I have to wonder why all these anti pizza pro 4DTV supporters like tvropro and yourself are promoting and selling subscriptions to DirecTV when you are fighting to keep C band subscriptions alive? :) Are you sleeping with the enemy?

Do as they say and not as they do! :p

They are looking out for us so we won't make the same mistakes! :D

None of this applies to people like charlie's love child techfizzle! :dead

Last edited:

"You'll receive a monthly bill credit of $31 in your first year and a monthly bill credit of $16 in your second year"

most of the "mass mailings" that come for Dish and Direct are from retailers. Cable ones are just confusing

Thanks for clearing that up. This makes it more tempting to switch to DirecTV in order to get the channels my family wants at a more affordable price. The money saved could be used to increase my HITS package. I'll give it some thought.

:eek: I looked on their website and all I can find is about the 1 year savings with a 2 year commitment. I did look through the channels lists and only saw a couple of channels I would want not available on 4DTV, FTA and OTA. After looking at the non promotional prices I decided that I will keep my head out of the pizza shop window!

I was at a neighbor's house and saw that he was a new charlie's pizza customer. I have never seen someone so happy to pay for a large package just to watch OTA channels and "retro" tv shows like Bonanza! He said he does not need all the channels but it was such a savings to bundle the pizza with his phone bill and that is the package they sold him. :eek:

:eek: I looked on their website and all I can find is about the 1 year savings with a 2 year commitment. I did look through the channels lists and only saw a couple of channels I would want not available on 4DTV, FTA and OTA. After looking at the non promotional prices I decided that I will keep my head out of the pizza shop window!

I was at a neighbor's house and saw that he was a new charlie's pizza customer. I have never seen someone so happy to pay for a large package just to watch OTA channels and "retro" tv shows like Bonanza! He said he does not need all the channels but it was such a savings to bundle the pizza with his phone bill and that is the package they sold him. :eek:
Yes its such a comfort to be bundled up - in a straight jacket.:eek:

Back to the title of the thread. Given enough numbers subscribing to H2H I'm optimistic that Comcast will augment the lineup offered. It may take longer than some are willing to wait, so those that 'just gotta have it' have their pizza.
Not this guy.:no
I'd had more than enough of Dishnets flaky billing practices to cause me to never look back.

This is what I like about HITS. The package costs $24.95 a month and I got charged $24.95 with no additional charges. Plus it is no teaser price that would jump more than double the cost several months from now.

I plan on giving H2H some time to see if they rearrange any of the channels available but not forever.

I keep fending off household requests to get Nick. Myself, I want Discovery, DIY and Comedy Central and becoming tired of depriving myself. I suppose if I move on to modern higher tech equipment it would be hard to switch back. Not just because of the money but the lower technology. Seems that DVRs and HD have become the norm and our legacy DCII equipment is showing it's age.

Does anyone have numbers of how many subs there are to HITS? Hope SRL & Sky are getting good results out of this. We are passing thru the 6 month probation with Discovery channels. I'm a happy subscriber and want to stay that way. Will upgrade if other Disc channels added.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts