New Home Construction

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Zeptune

Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
Sacramento
Hello,

I will be moving my dish network service to a new construction home in the next 6 months.

Right now it's time to pre-wire low voltage in the home.

A couple of questions...

1) How many runs of RG6 should I put from where the dish will go to my structured wiring panel. Last I heard 4 was the number. Just checking to see if anything has changed.

2) Any feedback on how you would pre-wire a new home if you had the chance?

I am currently deciding to NOT do the "room with all the components in one room" concept. Has not worked will for me in the past. I will home run everything to a structured wiring panel. I currently have a 722 receiver and we will have TV's in at least 4 rooms. (We don't need to watch more than two channels at once.) Open to expanding HD in the most cost effective way.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Zep

In the past I have overwired when it was new construction and I had easy access. Now whether new or old construction, I just run 2 RG6 and 2 CAT6 from my wiring closet to all rooms and 1 RG6 outside to back patio. 1 RG6 to the attic for OTA, 1 RG6 outside for Cable/Internet and 3 RG6 to my Dish location.

I also wired living room/media room for surround sound and back patio for sound too.

I just bought a new house, so I get to do it all over again in 5 weeks.

run oversized conduit to all posible locations. conduit is cheap, and flexible.

like when the direct, dish merger occurs, yoou can change your cables as needed....

theres going to be a consolidation of the pay tv market. best to be prepared...:)

Three cables from the dish location, and if you want/have available OTA, one from where the antenna would be located....not necessarily next to the dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)