New Home Construction

Zeptune

Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
Sacramento
Hello,

I will be moving my dish network service to a new construction home in the next 6 months.

Right now it's time to pre-wire low voltage in the home.

A couple of questions...

1) How many runs of RG6 should I put from where the dish will go to my structured wiring panel. Last I heard 4 was the number. Just checking to see if anything has changed.

2) Any feedback on how you would pre-wire a new home if you had the chance?

I am currently deciding to NOT do the "room with all the components in one room" concept. Has not worked will for me in the past. I will home run everything to a structured wiring panel. I currently have a 722 receiver and we will have TV's in at least 4 rooms. (We don't need to watch more than two channels at once.) Open to expanding HD in the most cost effective way.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Zep

In the past I have overwired when it was new construction and I had easy access. Now whether new or old construction, I just run 2 RG6 and 2 CAT6 from my wiring closet to all rooms and 1 RG6 outside to back patio. 1 RG6 to the attic for OTA, 1 RG6 outside for Cable/Internet and 3 RG6 to my Dish location.

I also wired living room/media room for surround sound and back patio for sound too.

I just bought a new house, so I get to do it all over again in 5 weeks.

run oversized conduit to all posible locations. conduit is cheap, and flexible.

like when the direct, dish merger occurs, yoou can change your cables as needed....

theres going to be a consolidation of the pay tv market. best to be prepared...:)

Three cables from the dish location, and if you want/have available OTA, one from where the antenna would be located....not necessarily next to the dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts