New home issues....looking for help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rtshow16

Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
New Bedford,MA
Hi all...hoping for some friendly advice.

Live in a newly built home, and was looking to get Direct TV. Contacted them directly and they had a tech and tech supervisor come out. They said the line of sight to the dish was spotty, based on tree placement. They said they'd process a refund of my initial payment based on that.

Fast forward a few weeks when I call to see where my refund is. I was referred to a company called Hesic (Home Entertainment System Corp) in CT (I live in southeast MA). They said they specialized in going the extra mile to get the signal working in situations where other contractors could not. This wholly confused me, as the original folks went up on the roof and explored a possible pole in the backyard but didn't think it would work well.

Does anyone know anything about Hesic or companies like this? I called them and didn't commit to anything....I just don't want to get duped. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi all...hoping for some friendly advice.

Live in a newly built home, and was looking to get Direct TV. Contacted them directly and they had a tech and tech supervisor come out. They said the line of sight to the dish was spotty, based on tree placement. They said they'd process a refund of my initial payment based on that.

Fast forward a few weeks when I call to see where my refund is. I was referred to a company called Hesic (Home Entertainment System Corp) in CT (I live in southeast MA). They said they specialized in going the extra mile to get the signal working in situations where other contractors could not. This wholly confused me, as the original folks went up on the roof and explored a possible pole in the backyard but didn't think it would work well.

Does anyone know anything about Hesic or companies like this? I called them and didn't commit to anything....I just don't want to get duped. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!
I'm not familiar with Hesic, but regardless of who does the work, if they don't complete the installation, you shouldn't have to pay a penny to anyone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)