New Hopper 3 install and a couple of questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You can try a search on a program title. There is usually a way to set a DVR recording for future events there.

I don't know what others experience is. If I look at the episodes option when I finish an episode on the DVR, the only episodes I see are the ones I recorded. But if I instead use search for the the same title, I am also presented with On Demand episodes I don't have. That's is, if they are available On Demand. That is as hit or miss as finding a series is currently on Netflix or Hulu, it depends.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
While on that Episodes tab, press the Options button on the remote (or the red button if you are using a 40.0 or older remote). You should see a Filters option that gives you the ability to find On Demand episodes, and episodes that are available in a variety of other ways. This is basically the equivalent of doing a Search, but without needing to enter the title of the series you are looking for, since you are already in the Episodes list. The filter is a one-time setting, so you would have to do it again the next time you want to find all available episodes from that screen. I am posting this from memory, rather than walking through the steps on my receiver while I am typing this. So, I may have gotten some of the details slightly wrong, but I know that the option does exist.

I've also seen searches where the results gave the option to record when available
I've seen that. Unfortunately, for several movies, I saw that as the only option a search would find on a Wally, in spite of the fact that they were also available on demand. Meanwhile, doing the exact same search on a Hopper Duo resulted in it correctly finding the on demand option. :imconfused

I've seen that. Unfortunately, for several movies, I saw that as the only option a search would find on a Wally, in spite of the fact that they were also available on demand. Meanwhile, doing the exact same search on a Hopper Duo resulted in it correctly finding the on demand option. :imconfused
I've seen it on the Hopper, where it's the only choice, although I never followed up to see if it was indeed on VOD

On the Hopper the option screen looks like this. If all available is selected, past episodes may appear to watch.
0f28d877a451095a34d238259a3c2584.jpg
d0f5f7c4383c9ea0d8b0c7631f61f63d.jpg

Reactions: pattykay
If you watch a recorded episode on the H3 (or FFW to the end) the H3 shows you your recorded episodes of that show plus the available VOD episodes.View attachment 146022
Yes, I tell my sister to use this trick all of the time. So, if it is a series that you would like to watch in order, you are missing one or more episodes earlier than the ones you recorded, and you do not want to see any spoilers, then I have a variation on this trick that works even better. Start playing one of your recordings from the series, and then immediately press the Stop button on the remote. That brings up this same list. If your remote does not have a Stop button (such as the 54-series remotes) then the diamond (or double-diamond) button at the bottom of the remote can be customized to act as a Stop button. Press and hold the diamond button that you wish to program, until the pop-up list of customization options appears on-screen. Then, select "Stops Recording or Playback."

Yes, I tell my sister to use this trick all of the time. So, if it is a series that you would like to watch in order, you are missing one or more episodes earlier than the ones you recorded, and you do not want to see any spoilers, then I have a variation on this trick that works even better. Start playing one of your recordings from the series, and then immediately press the Stop button on the remote. That brings up this same list. If your remote does not have a Stop button (such as the 54-series remotes) then the diamond (or double-diamond) button at the bottom of the remote can be customized to act as a Stop button. Press and hold the diamond button that you wish to program, until the pop-up list of customization options appears on-screen. Then, select "Stops Recording or Playback."
My Hopper 3 doesn't do this on stop. What I have to do is pause the playback (otherwise it will keep playing in the PIP) and press select. If I press episodes then I see all episodes available.

My Hopper 3 doesn't do this on stop. What I have to do is pause the playback (otherwise it will keep playing in the PIP) and press select. If I press episodes then I see all episodes available.

Interesting. I tested this tip on my sister's Wally right before I posted it, so I know it works for Wally. Which model remote are you using? Maybe it makes a difference whether you are using an actual Stop button (40.0 or older remote) or the customized diamond button.

Interesting. I tested this tip on my sister's Wally right before I posted it, so I know it works for Wally. Which model remote are you using? Maybe it makes a difference whether you are using an actual Stop button (40.0 or older remote) or the customized diamond button.
I have the 52.0 I programmed the x button for Stop. Thanks for the tip, the default is record and I hit it by accident all the time.

Even so, that stop brings up the same options as hitting select/stop, and that only shows recorded episodes.

What I have to do is press Select then Episodes. Pictured is what I see when I press Select.
c0cd05227ca137426af69c998f8c6a3e.jpg

Thanks. I tried that (with the 54.0 remote) but after selecting Episodes, the screen just says "No Episodes Available" for me. You'd think that it would at least be able to find the episode that is currently playing. Of course, this is on my sister's Wally, and she had been having some similar problems with "No Episodes Available" last week, as I posted in another thread.

Thanks. I tried that (with the 54.0 remote) but after selecting Episodes, the screen just says "No Episodes Available" for me. You'd think that it would at least be able to find the episode that is currently playing. Of course, this is on my sister's Wally, and she had been having some similar problems with "No Episodes Available" last week, as I posted in another thread.
It must have been a one-time glitch. I tested it again, and this time the Episodes screen worked properly. Selecting the "Stop" option on that banner (after pressing Select) worked the same for me as the Stop button option I described earlier. Maybe it depends on the series. I am testing this with Bull, recorded from CBS. I see two On Demand episodes older than the ones that my sister has recorded.

The search function does the same thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)