New Hopper 3 install

Wow!! I like how organized that board looks.

I'm finishing up the ethernet wiring in my house. I have the patch panel, FiOS modem, and wifi router in our master closet. I just need to build a small shelf for it and attach it to the wall. I can then attach the patch panel to it and have a shelf for the network equipment.

Surprisingly enough the wifi router is now on one side of the house and I still have full signal to the other side of the house. House is 1900 sq ft.

Unfortunately I don't have a home run set up with the coax. It comes in from the outside into the attic and is ran right near the attic door inside the house. Unfortunately the coax and even the ethernet up in the attic just lays across the beams whereever they lie.

Reactions: charlesrshell
They are just about done with the install. I am already liking the speed difference between the Hopper 3 and our Tivo Roamio! :)

Yep, saw that but I've also seen others claim 3 Hoppers max on an account.

So that's why I'm asking.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
What others claim and what he actually had tells the story.... Of course he had to pay for 2 of his Hoppers because Dish will only give you 2. If memory serves me correctly, someone here actually has 5 Hoppers....

Yep, saw that but I've also seen others claim 3 Hoppers max on an account.

So that's why I'm asking.

Plus I was clarifying that it didn't require additional parts.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I had four HWSs for several years before I reduced down to three. Before Hoppers I had four VIP 722ks.

What's all the rest of the connections?
OTA?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
OTA antenna in the attic is split to the three HWSs. Also all three of my HWSs have RF modulators. The modulated out signal is sent out to the 12 port home distribution splitter to all TVs, including the three HWS TVs. The A / B switch is for the modulated or Cable company feed to the home 12 port splitter. The Sirius radio satellite antenna feed is coming in for a room in the basement. My HWSs have four coax going to them. Each Hopper has a Satellite, OTA, Modulated out, and a Modulated in coax that goes direct to the TV. There is a Joey 1 in the garage and two WJs in East and West bedroom. See the attached coax legend that might help to explain everything for you.

Attachments

• 3 Hoppers Pri.jpg
    3 Hoppers Pri.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 198
  • TV Coax Legend-1.pdf
    9.4 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts