New Hopper 3 not saving favorites list names- known bug?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tjwgrr

Route of the Northliners
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
Western Michigan
I had a Hopper 3 and two Joey 2's installed on Friday. I've created 3 favorites lists on the Hopper 3 and on one of the Joeys- the channels save, but I cannot get the list names I created to save in both the Hopper and the Joey. Tried a number of times- and they remain labeled List 1, List 2, List 3, etc.

I've tried to search this issue in SatGuys... Is this a known bug?

It's not a bug - it's a FEATURE!

Actually, yes, a known issue. Probably not high on the fixit list.

There's a limited number of characters the H3 will retain in the Favorites name - drove me nuts until I finally tried "Custom" as the name which worked. I can't remember but I *think* the limit is 7 characters, you'll have to check to find out but that may well be the problem.

There's a limited number of characters the H3 will retain in the Favorites name - drove me nuts until I finally tried "Custom" as the name which worked. I can't remember but I *think* the limit is 7 characters, you'll have to check to find out but that may well be the problem.
So how do we nominate you for member of the month? If you are right this is nice info...

So how do we nominate you for member of the month? If you are right this is nice info...
It is correct or, it was for me. It would have been nice for the H3 to reject a name with excessive characters rather than appearing to save them then....nothing. You can add/save one additional character at a time to determine the exact limit but I was so frazzled after getting "Custom" to save I just left it.

Reactions: spoiler1041
I'm pretty sure the limit is 8. At least, on my HWS it is. But it truncates the name, doesn't nuke the list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)