New Hopper 3 not searching

whitenerj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Texas
just got a new H3 installed and when trying to search for programs it only shows channel names. Help??

Jason

About 30 minutes ago. My OTA channels won't save to my guide too

When you scan your local channels be sure to select all and then save. I had the same thing happen at first. If it does not work yet then just be patient and try later. It will take some time for all features to work properly.

I believe a lot of the issues with the people saying 4-6 days is because they keep trying to "fix" it by rebooting the hopper many times and the downloads start all over. Just make sure when you go to bed at night that all joeys and the H3 are in standby. Stop unplugging and causing downloads to restart. Mine was installed yesterday. I left it alone went to lunch paid some bills came home and everything was downloaded.

Reactions: Foxbat
I believe a lot of the issues is with the people saying 4-6 days is because the keep trying to "fix" it by rebooting the hopper many times and the downloads start all over. Just make sure when you go to bed at night that all joeys and the H3 are in standby. Stop unplugging and causing downloads to restart. Mine was installed yesterday. I left it alone went to lunch paid some bills came home and everything was downloaded.

I'm starting to wonder this myself. I'm not sure rebooting it that many times is helping. I think it may be better to let some of these issues settle overnight.

Reactions: Foxbat
I haven't had any of the issues that people are talking about. I believe the many reboots is doing more harm than good. My H3 works amazingly.

I haven't had them either. I only rebooted mine once and that was because I couldn't get picture after closing out of sports multi-screen app. It was on the main TV and early enough in the day that there was going to be plenty of time to watch more TV so a reboot had to happen. If it were right before bed I would have just let it go for the night. I've have other minor bugs that I just let go over night and they were gone the next day.

I put the Hopper 3 in standby mode every night before bed too. The only one that doesn't get shut down most nights is the Wireless Joey in my bedroom.

Reactions: Patrick Smith
This is upsetting. My aux Sony receiver won't switch inputs and I have a black box on the top right of screen.

What happens when you put the hopper in standby and back on. Does it go back to full screen? I haven't had this issue. Have you setup the remote to control the receiver? Settings > remote

It will go back to full screen but leaves a black box in the upper right. I did go to program my remote with my receiver but not working. I'm rebooting the receiver now.

Box is gone now but when I try to update my remote it just hangs on a screen saying "updating remote, please wait or press any button to cancel.

My installer set up my 52.0 remote to use the TV volume instead of my Yamaha AVR. I did that last night which was super-easy. It had my RX-600 series receiver in its database and after the remote got configured, I changed the Remote Setting so the volume & power buttons controlled the AUX instead of the TV. Once I use the Harmony to "Watch Dish" I can switch over to use the 52.0 remote for 99% of watching activities.

I had to go to work after my install was finished, but it took so long that my son had come home from high school and he settled in watching his shows. So the Hopper wasn't idle until later that night. By the morning after the install, all the channel logos were in the EPG. Most (but not all) of the shows that recorded in the PTAT folder had the program graphics and not the Network Logo. Today I look and it seems to be the new shows that haven't got the program graphics. But I guess it depends on Gracenote since there is a blurb on some screens that the information comes from them.

Ok so I got my remote working using learning commands. Now if my Search will just work in a few days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts