New Hopper 3 today will I get 54 remote?

gitpicker

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2013
illinois
Well, my tech is supposed to be here between 7:45 and 9 am. I am in waiting mode. Should I expect to get the newest 54 remotes with the new Hopper 3 and 2 joeys? And I assume there is only one model of Hopper 3, and it is 4k. All my research indicates that. Anything else I should be aware of during the install? I do want to keep my 40 remotes.

I don't know about the remote, If they want your old remotes dig out a couple of older remotes if you have them.
If you have recordings on old box make sure you can transfer them if you want them, this takes some time.
Dan

I just finished replacing my H3. I had trimmed down my recordings delete, transfer to EHD. Then I had 2% used on old HD, it took over an hour to transfer 16 items.
Dan

Reactions: charlesrshell
I was able to keep my old remotes. The tech was excellent. He was a young man who was very polite and professional. I am now setting up my timers using the voice option. Very handy. My wife has already decided she wants to stay with the 40 remote. It is nice to be able to use both. And the menu is so much faster. Picture quality is better in SD also. So far I am loving this new Hopper 3 and the Joey 2. Just like getting a new computer.

Demand that you keep your 40 remotes. They are always good to have around.
It's not that easy. The tech has to return the old receiver and it has to have a remote in the box. If the customer or the tech don't have extra remotes to use, then the 40 is going with the old box. In this case, luckily, everything worked out, but that won't always be the case

To get my old remote, they would have to pry it out of my dead old hands. I bought the 54 remote and it is a piece of junk.

I will say it again. If you really want a 40.0 remote for cheap go to your local Goodwill or Salvation Army. They show up all the time.

If you go and buy one for a couple of bucks before you swap out for the Hopper 3 you can always put the "new" one you bought into the box for the Tech to return.

Reactions: HipKat
What makes the 54.0 better than the 50.0 or 52.0, which I already have but still use 40.0 most of the time?
The backlight feature is what I like the most. You just pick up the remote and the lite comes on if it is required. If it is in your hand you just shake it to turn the backlight on. You don't have to press a lite button like you have to do with the 50.0 remote.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)