HWS/Joey room swap?

VegasVoomer

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
I have the HWS downstairs and the Joy upstairs. Before I unplug everything and try it I'm needing to know if it will work or is it wired different from dish to receiver? I want to switch rooms because I will be installing an OTA antenna in the attic and it will be right above the upstairs TV. I don't want to run coax downstairs.

Bobby

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
I have the HWS downstairs and the Joy upstairs. Before I unplug everything and try it I'm needing to know if it will work or is it wired different from dish to receiver? I want to switch rooms because I will be installing an OTA antenna in the attic and it will be right above the upstairs TV. I don't want to run coax downstairs.
You will need to trade the wires at the node, wherever that might be. The coax to the room upstairs will go to Host on the node and the coax downstairs will go where wherever the other coax used to be either Client or a splitter.

JSheridan

JSheridan

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2008
USA
If you have home runs going to all the TV's from the node/hub location then the wire swap will work. If there's a splitter located elsewhere feeding all the upstairs TV's then it's a different story.

VegasVoomer

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
You will need to trade the wires at the node, wherever that might be. The coax to the room upstairs will go to Host on the node and the coax downstairs will go where wherever the other coax used to be either Client or a splitter.
Ok, I thought something like that was involved. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: charlesrshell