New Hopper Install-Desparate help Needed, Please Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dj7675

Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Oregon
Have a very strange problem after a new install of 1 hopper and 1 joey. Ugrading from a VIP622. Installing took over 5 hours. Got the Hopper working and went to install the joey and it would not connect. It was giving an error that was stuck on searching for satellite x. He then replaced it with another joey. While he was doing that I was downstairs and started to use the hopper to browse our home network and played some videos stored on our local network. The instant I started to do this, the Joey instantly started to work and we thought all was good and he left. After he left, I exited out of the browsing local media and instantly the joey went back to the screen searching for satellite x. The Joey can still connect to the hopper and play files recorded files and I believe it can even use the guide to set recordings. It just cannot view the tuners.
Also, a couple times I got the Joey up and immediately the Hopper gave the same message (searching for satellite x). Hopper still could get the guide up, set recordings and watch recordings but could not view the live tv on the tuners.
I got curious and went into the diagnostics and checked the switch and it is giving errors on all 3 satellites on tuner 3. Could this error cause the current behavior I am seeing with the Hopper/Joey setup? I was just wondering what kind of mistake the installer may have made to not getting tuner 3 working on the hopper, and if this is what is causing this strange behavior between the 2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Darin

Thanks for the reply. I will check it out when I get home. Would that be a cause for the tuner 3 to not be working?

I installed a single node and had the same problem when I installed one of the cables the coax bent and was not in the switch just remove both inputs and check that cable is not bent and reinstall make sure it is in all the way and tight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts