New Hopper Software Upgrades

macphreak

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 19, 2012
Indiana
I was wondering where is the best place to go for new Software Upgrade information? For instance, I found out that Dish is planning a new Hopper SW upgrade on May 22nd (or 26th?) and I was wondering if there was "one" place to go to find out when an update was coming and what the update included (fixes, new features, etc.).

Thanks!

I was wondering where is the best place to go for new Software Upgrade information? For instance, I found out that Dish is planning a new Hopper SW upgrade on May 22nd (or 26th?) and I was wondering if there was "one" place to go to find out when an update was coming and what the update included (fixes, new features, etc.).

Thanks!

You're there.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Update started rolling out 5/16, should be sent to everyone soon. There are posts about the 502 update for HWS, and some for the orig Hopper.

Last edited:
The release notes for each Dish software change used to be posted here on this board. Then... the person at Dish who used to send us the release notes left the company, and since then we have been in the dark and have had to guess what the changes are. I am not sure why it is so hard for Dish to post their software release notes. A lot of other companies do it all the time!

As others have said, the best we can do now is to read what users post in the software release threads here in this forum.

Even when Dish posted it in their own forum, it was never right and most of the time the forum moderator stated that they did not receive the software update details. That is probably why Dish deleted the update area from their forum. Sat Guys is currently the best place for update info from other users.