New Hopper with Sling for $199

Gobucks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2012
Ohio
I'm sorry for starting a new thread but I searched and could not find what I was looking for. Anyway... I saw a thread that had a link to an online store that is selling the new Hopper with Sling for $199 shipped. I would love to know which store that is and if you would own it. Thanks again guy!

What I am wanting to do is buy a Hopper with Sling and add it to a TV that already has a Hopper. We have a total of 2 Hoppers right now. Hell I don't even know if it's possible to have 3 Hoppers or 2 hooked up to 1 TV.

Last edited:
Got one from Dish Depot as well for $199 (thanks charlesrshell for pointing it out to me!) As for 3 Hoppers, yep with the proper wiring you can have 3 Hoppers. I have 4 as a matter of fact. You'll need some extra equipment though, including 2 switches and another node. Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I knew you guys would help me! Thank you! I think we're going to do that but we'll put that extra Hopper in our guest room. $199 is an awesome price for such a kick ass piece of equipment. How the hell does Direct get away with charging a $200 lease fee for their regular DVR and then charge $400 something to own it????

Guess not, but still very curious!

Well I figure 1 for me 1 for my wife and 1 for the kids. My wife is a teacher and she watches her shows in the summer. During the school year she's grading papers and making lesson plans. I figure with 3 Hoppers everyone will be happy. I know we don't "need" 3 or have to have 3 but why not?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

Well I figure 1 for me 1 for my wife and 1 for the kids. My wife is a teacher and she watches her shows in the summer. During the school year she's grading papers and making lesson plans. I figure with 3 Hoppers everyone will be happy. I know we don't "need" 3 or have to have 3 but why not?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2
Thanks...that's why I asked.

I would like to know how you would need three Hoppers.

More timers, backup, kid’s room, and a good deal. When we had cable TV service many years ago we had constant DVR issues. So started to dual record all programs on two DVRs. Continued that procedure with Dish TV. Don’t have the DVR failures anymore but a timer does occasionally has a bad day so it is nice to go to the backup DVR to watch the recording. Third Hopper is for the kids room, enough said. The reason for the fourth Hopper was the good deal at Dishdepot.com. They even gave me a credit for two 722s as trade in. The fourth Hopper is used for several TVs in my home distribution system. Also it has been a big plus with this Hopper to have just all our sports timers on it. Before when I had sports and our regular program timers all on one DVR I was having constant 96 timer or 576 events limit issue, and lotsa scheduling problems on Sundays. Now I don’t have to delete timers so they are ready to go for the next season. So it is a big plus to have four Hoppers. In my garage is the Joey.

I have to ask for the people that own their equipment vs leasing it from Dish, why own it?

Dish will only lease two Hoppers. So I have no choice but to purchase the other two. Same situation when I had 722s, lease two and I had to buy two. I have read in this Forum someplace that owning your own you can get out of the 2 year contract thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)