New hopper with sling

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

johnny58259

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
I see u can upgrade to new hopper for 200.00 but what about owning a new hopper is that an option or not and if so how much would it cost to own the new hopper

Why purchase though? Your monthly cost will not be different if you own or lease.

The only advantage is that if you purchase, there will probably be no 2 year agreement. So, you could leave Dish at any time; but, you are now stuck with this receiver you now purchased.

If you lease, and leave early, you have to pay an ETF ... so depending on how far into your 2 years you are ... you could end up paying less by leasing versus purchasing the receiver.

Dish does not give you any incentive or reward when you purchase that I can see.

I have personally sold a 311, a 501, and a 625, for more than I paid originally. So, the residual value of these receivers is not zero. Of course if you wait too long to resell, as I did for my 301 and 4900, they do become worthless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)