New Hopper

francjam

Original poster
May 8, 2014
Florida
I just purchased a hopper however I wanted to add it to my existing system that uses a DP 34 switch

I dont have the node so wont be using ythe Joey at this point

Can the Hopper work stand alone with my DP 34 switch or DP Lnb or do I have to upgrade those?

The Hopper uses different voltage then the legacy receivers so you will need a node for it to work correctly and without damaging anything.

The DP34 will not work, if you use a switch it has to be a DPP.

As Scott said, you'll need a node. The node has to be connected to two lines from a DPP LNB or switch, then one 3Ghz line to the Hopper.

I just purchased a hopper however I wanted to add it to my existing system that uses a DP 34 switch

I dont have the node so wont be using ythe Joey at this point

Can the Hopper work stand alone with my DP 34 switch or DP Lnb or do I have to upgrade those?
Forget about using any old receivers with the Hopper system. DISH will only allow 211 receivers to be authorized on a Hopper system

I actually have the 211 on the Dp34 switch, I install myself.
I am not ready to use the Joey just want to use it as a receiver

You could theoretically run the hopper off of 1 line without a node, but you still need a DPP switch. Without a node you will only have the use of 2 tuners instead of 3. If you're going to go through all of the effort to install it yourself, you may as well do it the correct way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)