New House Build - cable questions 622

jldesign

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
hi - I bought a house half built and is basically all finished off BUT I have the chance now to get only 1 new cable run if needed.

here is what I have in my current home:
one 622 and a 811/311 in the downstairs

NEW home:
I will only be taking the 622 when we move (run HD in the living room and home distribution everywhere else). currently all cable/phone is in the garage I have one coax to the HD location but it will need to be diplexed back to the garage to distribute.

questions:
1) should I have them run another line to the HD location now for the dual receiver I suspect correct????

2) can I then diplex one of those lines with TV2 output. send it back to the original location in the garage then back into the house everywhere else via a splitter.

3) before I connect the TV2 output to the diplexer while it is passing by our basement can I place splitter on that TV2 to have cable in the basement then connect to the diplexer back out to the garage for distribution of remainder of the house?

4) the run from the garage to the main dual receiver is a good 40' one way.

appreciate the help especially on the splitting of the TV2 OUTPUT before the diplexer on the way back (I'm not worried about super clarity a little fuzz is fine by me on the SD sets)

thanks
j

Honestly it sounds kind of hillbilly, but yeah I'd say you can do that. Worst case scenario you put a amplifier at the 622 to boost the signal if the picture is way too fuzzy.

Ideally you'd want everything home run to a central location. Try to keep your splitters and such accessible, you might think your setup will be good for now, but later on down the road it could very well change.

You won't need a 2nd line, but have it ran now to avoid any headaches. Dish Network is currently limiting the use of DPP Twins across the country, so it's possible when the tech shows up (all depending on your needs/geographic locations, etc) that a 2nd line might need to be run.

hillbilly yes - cost savings huge! its all SD anyway.

so your saying with a dual receiver I may not need 2 lines to it like before for both tuners in the 622?

if that was the case this whole thing is not needed :) can you explain how this works now and never did in the past?

thanks
j

It's called Dish Pro Plus. You'd only require one line. However as I said DISH is having a nationwide shortage of that specific LNB, so most likely when the tech shows up he'll need two lines like you did before. There's a dozen different ways to wire/configure a dish system.

Bottomline, run the 2nd line to avoid a potential headache when the installer shows up, it's beyond his/her control.

Read this link for more info on the different types of switches/LNBF.

EKB: What's this Twin LNBF I've heard about?

2) can I then diplex one of those lines with TV2 output. send it back to the original location in the garage then back into the house everywhere else via a splitter.

3) before I connect the TV2 output to the diplexer while it is passing by our basement can I place splitter on that TV2 to have cable in the basement then connect to the diplexer back out to the garage for distribution of remainder of the house?

i may be kind of confused, but it sounds like you are asking if you can place a splitter between the two diplexers... if that is what you are asking... no
reason being, the splitter is not power passing and won't let the satellite signal through. That being said, you could do it with a couple more diplexers and a splitter :)

no I'd split the TV2 output before connecting it back to the diplexer so I can grab another location (currently not wired for) right under the main unit in the basement. then it would be connected back to the diplexer and return to the garage for the main splitter for the remainder of the house.

I got in too late the house is 3/4 built and drywalled already. this should work out with the comments from everyone thanks. I just wanted to make sure I needed the 2nd line to the dual receiver while I can still get that luckly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts