New House Coax Question...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeremiahpreston

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
So I am finishing up the remodel on my new home and plan on moving my service to the house BUT was wondering if I needed to replace the old coax runs from the cable TV or would Directv put new in seeing that it is "needed" for signal strength. Any help on this would be great so I know if I need to order some cable...

Last edited:
Depends. Is the walls open still? If so run it yourself. If not and the installer needs to run it it'll be around $50 a line IF you want wall fishes done or any other custom labor. It would prolly be cheaper to do it yourself. Just be sure it's solid copper if/when you order it

The walls are not exposed (never were in the TV areas) but I didn't know if they would handle seeing that it is "required". I would simply be pulling from the old leads.

That depends on what is there already. Just because they need replace don't mean it'll be free unless they're either ran up threw the floor or straight threw the side of the exterior walls. Anything else is going to cost you money for custom work

Status
Please reply by conversation.

G4 trying a new tactic?

HR24 & HR22 MVR Issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)