New House!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chrisd_az

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2007
Chickasha, OK
Will be moving into a new house in 2 months or so. I told the builder I will not be using cable except for internet. So he told me to put a outlet in every room wich I did...6 rooms. Now when I get set up E installer should not have to drill onto house correct??? I have 2 622's and will be buying a 211 or a 612 for my den haven't decided yet??? So hopefully putting a outlet in ever room will be good to go!! Thanks for everyones help.....Chris

If you have and On Q panel ( Central for cables ) make sure the builder run at lease 4 lines from the location that you would like to have the dish ( clear line of sight ) to the location where your On Q panel is. that way when the installer comes all he has to do is tap into the lines that was already preran. No holes except for the Dish mount

even though you have a lines preran to every room you still need lines ran from the dish to the Central.

I found that having an extra run at the location where I have the receivers is very very handy. That way I can feed the broadcast from that receiver back to the home run box and out to any of the other rooms.

If you are going to have your receivers right at the home run box than it may not matter.

Optional but a plus is having an empty conduit from the outside (dish location) to the home run box and to any critical locations. Future proofs your house in case you need to pull any cables/wires in the future. That is particularly true if they are locations that would be very difficult to get to in the future. If crawl space or attic access-- not too much of a problem. But for example ---an empty conduit from crawl space up to second floor might be. Or one from crawl space to attic. Just cap off the conduit and remember where it is you can put up a blank electrical plate to cover.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)