New Hr20-700, networking it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Harold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Southeast KY
Just had my install today. I ended up with a Hr20-700. I have it connected to my network (wired). The DOD shows up. I guess it works, not tried it. I have Intel viiv 1.0.1.2012 installed. The update to 1.5 will not install. Is there anyway to network my dvr without viiv? And as I am new to the dvr, where do I look for my pics and videos on the dvr? Should I be able to see the dvr from my pc in network places? I can't.

You need to be running a media server (other than Viiv there are Tversity, WMP. Twonky, possibly others). If everything is set up correctly (probably you will need to enable sharing in the server and/or open up some ports if you are running a firewall on the computer), there will be a menu entry "Music, Photos & More" under which you will see the listing. Check the status by holding down the INFO key for 5 seconds and scrolling down the list. If it says that it is connected to both the network and the internet, you should be in good shape. If it doesn't, go through the network steps under setup.

Thanks. I will give Tversity a try. Not sure what is wrong with viiv. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it, but will not take the update. DOD works great. Thanks again.

Thanks for the info again. Got it to work with wmp. Mp3's work great. Not tried any video yet, all mine are mp4 for my ipod touch.

Video needs to be MPEG2. I don't know if Tversity will transcode that. Hopefully the DVRs will get a software upgrade to handle other formats (both audio and video).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)