New HR34 install question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TScottTX

Original poster
Mar 15, 2007
DFW
I'm scheduled for new D* service next week and have some install questions before the tech arrives. I'm moving from Dish and a VIP-922 to the new HMC (HR34) and one HD Receiver (I guess the H24???). I also want to have one other viewing location using DIRECTV2PC. I don't care if the HD Receiver is able to access the HR34's DVR but would like the DIRECTV2PC location to be able to view Live TV as well as access the DVR.

I'm pre-wired with 2 cable leads from the outdoor dish location direct to the HR34 location and an additional 2 cable leads from the dish location to a central home automation box that can feed the HD Receiver location and/or the computers location as well as back-feed from the HR34 location. I also have ethernet connectivity at all locations.

Can this be accomplished or would I actually need an additional HD Receiver at my computer location and forget about DIRECTV2PC?

to my knowledge the hr34 is not compatible with directv2pc at this time... sorry to disappoint you. :( directv does not backfeed like dish does, what I would do is use one cable from the dish to the automation box, then use a 2 way to go up the backfeed line (assuming its 6) tot he dvr, and another to the location of the hd box. if you can run a 3rd box (hd) to the computer "location" that is your best option at this time assuming that the monitor is a tv. Then the 2way would become a 4way and I would send power up the 4th leg. But thats just me. Please be aware that at this time, you can not capture hdmi signal from a directv box to a computer.

I imagine alot of the bug will be fixed when they finally get an update rolled out to the HR34.

Right now there are just several little issues, missed recordings, conflicts, MRV issues, and lots of little things.

I have an HR34 but an still primarily using a couple HR24s until it is more stable. I've had to reboot it twice this week just to play a recording off it from another receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts