New HR54 software and 4K issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.
mpinales

mpinales

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 15, 2010
Ohio
I have an HR-54 and a mini 61 4K on vacation and I am using a Mini 41 now because of sound cut outs. Every month I get a nice email saying Directv is working on the issue but it is unresolved. Yesterday there was a new download # Oxd80. Is this going to fix my issue and I should switch to the 4K mini again? Any thoughts?

raoul5788

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
Have you tried it to see if it's helped?

mpinales

mpinales

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 15, 2010
Ohio
not yet. I was going to switch the minis this week end. I called Directv and they couldn't even tell me what the update ws for.

Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
not yet. I was going to switch the minis this week end. I called Directv and they couldn't even tell me what the update ws for.
They are not gonna tell you what the update is, the people you talk to on the phone, unless you get high up into the Tech dept, don't even know an update was sent out ..... unless it's a very bad one that effects everyone poorly and people are calling in about issues.

Reactions: larry55
vazhog

vazhog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 22, 2014
United States
yes it does- Fix the Audio drop - My work around the audio drop before this load was to disable Dolby - since the fix I have re-enabled it and have notice no audio drops from my C61K

mpinales

mpinales

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 15, 2010
Ohio
I watched the N.Illinois v Nebraska game and there was no sound cut outs. Seems to be working FINALLY

Status
Please reply by conversation.