new hughesnet installer

ccservicetech

Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
south texas
Hi guys Im new to hughesnet install and I am going to install my first customer this Tues. and I would like to know what is the pay for a hughesnet install becuse I feel like the company is trying to "BURN ME" on the install payout @ $75.00 for the install. So please if there is any hughesnet installers out there please let me get paid more cuz for some reason I dont think thats the payout. HELP ME PLEASE :eek: GIVE ME AN IDEA :confused:

You are doing an install tuesday and you don't have payment worked out with the company yet? It all depends on who you work for, how much they provide, ect.
I contract for a couple of companies. One pays $130, but they provide all materials, wire, ect. The other pays $160, and I provide everything.

Wow, only $75.00 ? You are getting burned. Someone is making a whole lot of money off of your hard work. I wouldn't do it for less than $130-$150.

If you do not have payment worked out with the company yet then it is a good time to ask for more money and if they do not bite then look for a company that pays more. Sometimes you got to take what you can get, especially in a rough economy.

If you have any excessive drive time even 125 would suck. The problem is if you are doing it for a fullfillment co, they are only being paid 175 in the first place (plus they pay shipping on equip), so there isn't much room to pay a decent wage to a sub/sub.

true, the dealer/fullfillment co gets 175 ,its POSSIBLE not always, but they maybe getting free shipping, but not always. shipping is anywhere from 15-25 per unit. so, the dealer gets 150 and has to pay you... so, whats it worth to the dealer to even do the business if they cant make at least $50 for their efforts .
The dealer has to manage you or others, the business, the equipment, and the responsibility up top. etc. Ive been installing a while, started with my first directv in 94, installed the AOL+ powered by direcpc (high-speed down,up slow through phone), i installed thousands of dw4000 systems etc. so i know how it is to get shafted on the installer side . ive been a dealer for a while so i know both sides now. i try to balance and be fair. of course the dw6000,7000,9000 are a piece of CAKE! compared to the dw4000 systems.. i think i actually installed the first dw4000 in Louisiana, wow, you should have seen that facial board just peel off when i let go of the dish LOL. BOOM the pole mount was born LOL.

I would not be too hard but I would AT LEAST start at $100. Now consider your value? can you install 2 or more systems per day? or can you do just 1 ? a dealer has to consider that as part of his business . How about start somewhere/price and in 30days a PRE-agreed amount??

O,.... remember, you can make money on the pole, routers, powerstrips, UPS etc. nothing wrong with extra cash?

an experienced tech is worth $65 per hour which is what i base my jobs on. if your just starting off, look at it as on the job training??

travel to, site survey? installation, extra materials? 50 feet off the ground?

just some thoughts...
peace

Last edited: