New Hybrid LNB coming Dec. 10

I'm not sure about a three Hopper install.

I believe the Super Joey is just connected to the client port on the Hub. There is no need for an Integrator anymore.

That seems pretty remarkable. That would mean that they are able to stack two more satellite signals on one coax, and were able to reduce from 3 to 1 single line from the dish. That *might* be within the realm of possibility, since the MoCA signal doesn't have to go back to the dish (they can strip out MoCA at the "hub") but would mean the "hub" is much more complicated than just a simple multi-port tap. Also seems like it would have to have a dedicated Super Joey port on the hub as well.

Do you have any pictures or screen shots of documentation, either written or wiring diagrams?

Hubs and hybrid tap

Attachments

• 1448593888496.jpg
    1448593888496.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 3,330
Reactions: charlesrshell
Hubs and hybrid tap

Awesome, thanks. This makes so much more sense, and is what I was expecting. They've put all of the logic and stacking circuitry into the LNB itself, and the hubs are simply taps with multiple ports on the client side. And the duo hub internally is likely just two taps, with the client side bridged between the two.

I've only been on a Hopper setup as a new Dish sub for about a month, but I already want to add a Super Joey, and this is perfect and will allow me to add it without having to do any re-wiring at all. Just swap the LNB, and put one of these hubs in place of my current solo node.

What does DPH stand for? Dish Plus Home?

How about 4 Hoppers, still doesn't look like you can do 3 or 4 with that LNBF, unless you can hook switches to that setup.

That is a pretty rare setup, though. And, much like the DirecTV SWM system, the integrated LNB is meant to cover the vast majority of systems, leaving more complicated and rare setups like a 4 Hopper system to be covered by legacy LNBs + switches as before.

I know it's a rare setup, I just wanted to know if it could be done with this new LNBF. I use three separate dishes and two DPP33's with mine, so I'm not looking to get one.

Maybe 3 Hoppers . . .

3-three-hoppers-single-network-using-hybrid-duo-nodes.jpg
Glad you saw this post, you are one of the multiple Hopper gurus' if anyone can figure it out, I am sure you can figure out a way. It appears that, that might work, maybe some of us can experiment when the new LNBF comes out. I guess it will work with the 1000.2 E&W? I suppose there will be a 61 and 72 model and a 110, 119, 129??

Glad you saw this post, you are one of the multiple Hopper gurus' if anyone can figure it out, I am sure you can figure out a way. It appears that, that might work, maybe some of us can experiment when the new LNBF comes out. I guess it will work with the 1000.2 E&W? I suppose there will be a 61 and 72 model and a 110, 119, 129??
What about 1000+ DISH 110, 119, 129, & 118.7?

Taken from notice.

The use of the DPH will be as follows:
  • CONUS Hopper and Hopper with Sling installations will use the DPH LNBF.

• All non-CONUS Hopper and Hopper with Sling installations will continue to use the DPP LNBF.
All ViP® receiver installations will continue to use the DPP LNBF.

Two types of Hybrid LNBF

DPH WA Triple LNBF
Supports Western Arc installations.
Receives programming from the 110-, 119- and 129-degree orbitals.

DPH EA Twin LNBF
Supports Eastern Arc installations.
Receives programming from the 72.7- and 61.5-degree orbitals.

• ? Please note: Neither DPH LNBF can see the 77- or 118.7-degree orbitals. If these orbitals are necessary to the installation, a wing dish would be required.
  • ? For 77, a DISH 500 with a DP single or dual LNBF is required.

• ? For 118.7, a 500-Plus antenna with a DP 500-Plus LNBF is required.

• ? The wing dish orbital should be connected to the input port on the DPH LNBF.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Why would you need to hook up the hybrid solo node directly to the hybrid duo node if both are hooked up to the hybrid LNB itself? That seems redundant.

It appears that the MoCA signal doesn't go all the way to the LNBF. The Hubs likely block the MoCA from going back up the "To ODU" port(s). Using the hubs bridges the MoCA frequencies on the client/host sides of the hub.

I'd be interested in learning if the official documentation says to use a hub even if the only set top box being installed is one single hopper, no joeys.

Taken from notice.

• ? Please note: Neither DPH LNBF can see the 77- or 118.7-degree orbitals. If these orbitals are necessary to the installation, a wing dish would be required.

For 77, that seems kind of silly. For customers in those few markets, I hope they still leave the option of using non-hybrid installs or that their locals are on western arc. I can see where they want to save costs on an LNB that would only affect a few markets, but that is a significant hole in the system.

Maybe 3 Hoppers . . .

3-three-hoppers-single-network-using-hybrid-duo-nodes.jpg

Is this something you created or official documentation?

How many outputs does the LNB have? If it has 3 outputs, it seems odd that they wouldn't have made a three port hub as well, or even better, allow the MoCA signal all the way back to the LNB and then all you'd need is a simple tap for the Joeys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts