New Hybrid LNB coming Dec. 10

How about the bandwidth requirement and sweep test to 3GHz for DPX? Are the DPZ requirements going up even higher? (I would expect so, but if not, then why not?)
You still need 3 Ghz coax for H1 and H2 but not the H3, it only requires the 2150 Mhz RG6. DP/DPP stacks 32 transponders, DPX 48 transponders and DPZ stacks just 16 transponders, for now.

You still need 3 Ghz coax for H1 and H2 but not the H3, it only requires the 2150 Mhz RG6. DP/DPP stacks 32 transponders, DPX 48 transponders and DPZ stacks just 16 transponders, for now.

Thanks rglore.:clapping Now I understand what's going on there, at last.

Also Charles, you could get a 211 or Wally, add a second dish, I have thought about doing that to have some redundancy in case the Hopper goes down.
Well, it looks like I already have to add a wing dish for 118.7. I wonder if DISH is going to move the International channels off of 118.7! If you add a second dish for a second Hopper 3, wonder if it could be combined somehow so both Hopper 3s could see each other!

So will diplexing still be restricted?
Diplexing and MoCA don't mix particularly well and that's been the problem with diplexing on Hopper/Joey systems all along -- not the satellite IF. Stepping up to MoCA 2.0 (band bonding) certainly won't improve that situation.

Diplexing between the LNB and the node/hub should remain technically possible unless they repeated DIRECTV's brain fart where they put a control channel down low (2.3MHz).

Diplexing, like NTSC modulation, needs to be stricken from most everyone's long-term consideration.

Diplexing and MoCA don't mix particularly well and that's been the problem with diplexing on Hopper/Joey systems all along -- not the satellite IF. Stepping up to MoCA 2.0 (band bonding) certainly won't improve that situation.

Diplexing between the LNB and the node/hub should remain technically possible unless they repeated DIRECTV's brain fart where they put a control channel down low (2.3MHz).

Diplexing, like NTSC modulation, needs to be stricken from most everyone's long-term consideration.
Thanks

Why would dish have the Cincinnati locals in SD on the western arc and the locals in HD on the eastern arc? Why do they even still have SD local channels?

If I were to have an H3 + 2 wireless joey setup, would that only require one line into house? With the access point plugged into the H3?

Why would dish have the Cincinnati locals in SD on the western arc and the locals in HD on the eastern arc? Why do they even still have SD local channels?
For those who are still using SD receivers. This is where the feces of customers owning their own receivers and/or dragging their feet on upgrades hits the impeller.

If you would be willing to step up and replace all of those receivers (and possibly install a new dish), I'm sure you would have DISH's gratitude.

There are still SD leased receivers out there, too, though. Millions of them. It would cost an incredible amount of money to replace them. Completely excising SD equipment and channels is going to be a very long term process.

Kind of makes you wonder why they are so anxious to upgrade people from H2 to H3 when there are so many out there with SD equipment. Seems the SD people should be the priority. Unless they think the SD people really aren't interested in upgrading.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)