New ! Icons on DVR list?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
Does anyone know what the ! Icons are when you view the DVR list?

image-2247455179.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
I've seen it before, but not in a longtime IIRC, how full is your hard drive ?

That's what it was. I claimed the Genie and left my wife keep the HR24. I have a case of COD and hate to have a big list of shows once I watch then I delete them. So I went over to the bedroom to check and it was at 8%. Once I told her she won't have her new shows record next week she left me delete old shows. Got it up to 42% and the icon went away. Never thought of that. Thanks for the help!!

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
That's what it was. I claimed the Genie and left my wife keep the HR24. I have a case of COD and hate to have a big list of shows once I watch then I delete them. So I went over to the bedroom to check and it was at 8%. Once I told her she won't have her new shows record next week she left me delete old shows. Got it up to 42% and the icon went away. Never thought of that. Thanks for the help!!

I was thinking that was it.
Now the ones on your list that have the K next to them will stay on your list regardless.... the machine starts deleting the oldest recordings first when it gets filled like that, so your wife would have been able to record next week, but would have lost recordings at the same time.

Curious, is (was)the DVR functioning slower when it was filled up like that ?

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
IIRC, it denotes the programs that will be erased next if necessary to make room for new ones.

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
IIRC, it denotes the programs that will be erased next if necessary to make room for new ones.

yep, those have been there for awhile. i'm glad to hear your HR34 is running great andrew. for some reason mine is running like garbage the last month. i've done everything i know of but can't get rid of the terrible lag in response to commands. :no

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
yep, those have been there for awhile. i'm glad to hear your HR34 is running great andrew. for some reason mine is running like garbage the last month. i've done everything i know of but can't get rid of the terrible lag in response to commands. :no

My HR34 isn't do that good its my hr24 that's doing great.

Like last night exited watch a recorded program no sound or video just black screen but guide works. This isn't the first time. I have MRV issues even have a tech visiting later today to look at it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
oops misread the 24 part. yeah i'm sorry but while some claim their HR34 has run as well as their 24, I have yet to see that. it was running better than what it is now. i'm sure it's related to the last update.

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
oops misread the 24 part. yeah i'm sorry but while some claim their HR34 has run as well as their 24, I have yet to see that. it was running better than what it is now. i'm sure it's related to the last update.

CE or national? If CE, just go back to the national.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
yeah I've seen that icon on my stepdad's HR22 because apparently he doesnt like to delete anything for some reason
He's one of those "I'll record the whole season then watch it"...well that might work on a HR34 with the larger drive but not on a HR22 ;)

The one day it was at 3%

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN

noticed that too recently. But it seems to act up when recording (the lag)
works fine as long as I'm not recording.

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
noticed that too recently. But it seems to act up when recording (the lag)
works fine as long as I'm not recording.

could be. i'll pay more attention to that today. definitely gotta be software related imo.

detroit_fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 9, 2008
SE Michigan
not new, my dvr's are almost always maxed out and those are always on to let you know what shows will be deleted if it needs more room to record an upcoming program

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country

Hey Rey,
I wonder if the HR34 issues creep up when other things are added, such as MRV and then Clients ect.

I don't have a HR34, but I do have 24's and rarely ever have trouble, But, I don't do MRV and some of the other stuff ... I AM connected to the internet though.

AJF316

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Mar 13, 2013
Florida
How do you get CE software and how do you go back to national if you want. Thanks for the help. Sorry I am new to this.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

AJF316

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Mar 13, 2013
Florida

Thanks Jimbo. Last Sunday I forced a update not knowing any better just thought it would reinstall the same software I had on. But it changed to 06B1 now I just read I will lose all recordings if I revert back to national. If I stay at what I have the 06B1 will the box update to the latest national when it is released and will I still lose all my recordings.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts