New Install Advice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kevin1514

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
Seattle
I have been a D* customer for 3 years now, but have decided to move to E* so I can get a HD DVR for free as well as a lower price, but I am not that knowledgeable on installation. I will be getting a ViP722 and Dish 322 for a 4 room system.

Any advice on what I should watch out for when the installer comes, also is there any certain dish model I should have? I'm near Seattle at zip: 98272. Thanks.

you should be getting a Dish 1000.2 and that will point at 3 satellites. you might want to make sure the Dish installer grounds the system to the ground round in your house. also, make sure you have all your channels and that you are happy with the install before you sign any paperwork

you should be getting a Dish 1000.2 and that will point at 3 satellites. you might want to make sure the Dish installer grounds the system to the ground round in your house. also, make sure you have all your channels and that you are happy with the install before you sign any paperwork

You won't be getting 1000.2 if you are near Seattle. You should get a D500 and a second 30" dish for the 129 sat. The upper north west needs a bigger dish for the 129 sat, at least until it gets replaced early next year.

make sure the installer diplex's your receiver so you won't have a whole bunch of cables running everywhere
What are you talking about?

The standard installation involves a single RG6 cable to the receiver. OTA wiring is not included (and doesn't do you much good in many areas of Seattle).

What are you talking about?

The standard installation involves a single RG6 cable to the receiver. OTA wiring is not included (and doesn't do you much good in many areas of Seattle).

What are you talking about? Who said anything about OTA? Last time I checked tv2 could be diplexed out?

I have been a D* customer for 3 years now, but have decided to move to E* so I can get a HD DVR for free as well as a lower price, but I am not that knowledgeable on installation. I will be getting a ViP722 and Dish 322 for a 4 room system.

Any advice on what I should watch out for when the installer comes, also is there any certain dish model I should have? I'm near Seattle at zip: 98272. Thanks.
hope the rain lets up out there ..
anyway, here's what I do....I greet the customer. Then I perform a siute survey to determine a suitable placement for the dish. Cover all the details of the work order to make sure what is on the work order is what the customer ordered. Then cover the details of the install. Then I go to work....

What are you talking about? Who said anything about OTA? Last time I checked tv2 could be diplexed out?
I asked what you were talking about because you didn't say what should be diplexed. "Diplex your receiver" sounds like it might be something that you wouldn't want to say in mixed company ;)

I asked what you were talking about because you didn't say what should be diplexed. "Diplex your receiver" sounds like it might be something that you wouldn't want to say in mixed company ;)

Im not even going to try on that one.

To the op, diplexers are a type of "reverse splitter" that are used in pairs to combine and then split signals. The advantage of using them is with DPP technology you can usually run just one coax wire to the receiver rather than have multiple coax sat feeds and tv2 backfeeds.

I'm not too knowledgeable about hardware and cabling, what exactly is diplexing?
The specific term that WiCkeDuDe should have used from the start is "backfeeding". It involves sending the TV2 signal back on the satellite cable where it is pulled out and sent to the second location. This can be useful if your house is wired to a central location for CATV. If not, it isn't really applicable unless the second location is along the path of the satellite cable.

Backfeeding is but one of the applications of diplexing. There are several others including carrying a conventional TV antenna feed (the typical use) and/or transmssion of radio frequency remote control signals (where TV2 is a long way from the receiver).

Diplexing takes advantage of the fact that DISH Network and normal TV channels don't occupy the same frequency ranges so they can be combined onto and split from a single cable pretty much intact. There are some drawbacks to this approach, but used properly, it can save on cabling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)