new install and dvr playback problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

clownin72

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 22, 2012
Ok/Ks
Got my new system installed monday (hr 34 and two h 25's) everything works great except dvr playback from both h 25's. its gives me the no audio/video packets message then next time it will start then just freeze. D* is suppose to send the tech back because he didnt install the cinema kit. But also the PI is inline between the 34 and the dish. Isnt it supposed to be somewhere else like closer to a 25 to help with this issue? Plus he didnt install a swm 16 box, instead i have the one wire from the dish being split with a green label 2 way swm.One of them runs into the 34 wiring setup with the PI and the other runs to another of the same splitters which splits to the 25s. Is this right?

That setup should be fine as long as the splitters are swm capable.

yes i beleive they are because they have the swm green label on them. So is the cinema kit not being installed causing the dvr playback problems or a combo of that and the placement of the PI?

Well, your playback problem is the classic network failure that can happen on every new installation if the installer does not get your "network" working correctly. The easiest way to correct that problem is to unplug each of the receivers and the PI. Let it all sit for about 30 seconds. Then plug in the PI and let it go for about 20 seconds. Then plug in the HR34 and let it come up completely. Then do each of the H25s one at a time letting each come up completely before plugging in the next one. All will be right with your MRV network.

I agree with cave1376 that it would be better to have one 4-way splitter than 2 2-way splitters, but that is not causing your problem. And no, you do not need a SWM-16. You have a total of 7 tuners with the setup you described. The SWM head is good for 8.

no im still waiting for a tech to call and set up a time to fix it from thurs

clownin72 said:
no im still waiting for a tech to call and set up a time to fix it from thurs

Call them, don't sit around and wait on them. The longer you let it go the longer it's going to take to get them back out

Called again last night and was assured i would get a call today for a tech to come out. Nothing as of yet, will be calling again in a few hours

called again and customer support said the local office would call back within 60 mins, that was 12 hours ago. I cant believe the lack of customer care.

made the call again this am and was told tech would call within an hour , he called 8 hrs later. Same one that did original install and had no clue about what it would be. Said he has never even heard of the cinema kit or moving the PI to another location rather than directly inline with the dvr. Said it was only his 2nd hr 34 install. Thinks its a programming glitch on d* end. I was like no way because I know quite a few ppl with same setup with no problems. What can I do to get another installer because I dont have time to always sit at home a few more time for this guy to learn his job on my watch. I want it fixed and to be done with it, my jobsites are up to an hour away on most days and cant afford to lose $ waiting for my tv to get fixed

clownin72 said:
made the call again this am and was told tech would call within an hour , he called 8 hrs later. Same one that did original install and had no clue about what it would be. Said he has never even heard of the cinema kit or moving the PI to another location rather than directly inline with the dvr. Said it was only his 2nd hr 34 install. Thinks its a programming glitch on d* end. I was like no way because I know quite a few ppl with same setup with no problems. What can I do to get another installer because I dont have time to always sit at home a few more time for this guy to learn his job on my watch. I want it fixed and to be done with it, my jobsites are up to an hour away on most days and cant afford to lose $ waiting for my tv to get fixed

Call directv again and demanded case management. Having the power inserter behind the DVR won't cause that issue

He shouldn't need the Cinema Connection Kit if the HR34 is hooked up to the internet by ethernet cable,right? Also,if both 2-way splitters are green labeled & connected the way his is,wouldn't that affect the DECA signal? Wouldn't it be better if he had either a green labeled 4-way splitter,or at least have the second 2-way splitter connected to his H25's replaced with a non-green labeled SWM 2-way splitter?

ok yes my deca is connected via ethernet cable and have done some research and seen that the cinema kit is not needed.But I am confused about the PI being behind the dvr causing any issue. Didnt the issue a tech release sayin to relocate it and put a terminator on one of the ends to fix the "no audio/video packets received" issue

SWM Power Inserter rewire[64].jpgit says for the 24 but heard it applied to the 34 as well

ok yes my deca is connected via ethernet cable and have done some research and seen that the cinema kit is not needed.But I am confused about the PI being behind the dvr causing any issue. Didnt the issue a tech release sayin to relocate it and put a terminator on one of the ends to fix the "no audio/video packets received" issue

View attachment 77142it says for the 24 but heard it applied to the 34 as well

Wow,that set up is new to me. I have my PI hooked up to my HR23 without problems. Well,I do have some extra white coaxial cable,an extra green labeled 2-way splitter,terminators(would the terminator run hot under that set up?),& way too much free time,so here goes...........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)