New install, first actual problem

Thanks for the comments. Since I often learn from other's mistakes that they talk about in these forums, I just felt it was right to tell how/why my problem appeared.

I had unplugged the Hopper so it wouldn't be an issue moving it around as it was sitting on top of the 2 HR24s from D* I had. After removing them and then the power inserter that was buried behind the big screen, I plugged it back in and proceeded to watch some channels on 72 and some recordings, it was just enough later that I tried to go to the local Fox station to watch a bit of the playoff game, and that channel is on 77 and it wouldn't switch.

Because of the length of time between moving things around and seeing an issue, it just didn't sink in that the problem was related to what I had done.

I missed some recordings that night because of this. I thought I would get a couple of them by watching them on my son's Hopper the next day. But no! He had erased them out of his PTAT folder while playing around with his Hopper. I know I can watch those episodes on Hulu a bit later, but I found that the new 3D BluRay player I just bought came with a 3 month free Hulu Plus subscription. That will allow me to catch up with those episodes and some that I had on my D* HRs.

Putting new connectors and a new barrel connector on that cable wasn't an easy task as the cable was pretty short back there. I had to swivel the 73" TV to a position to get it out of the way and hold it up while the tech did the connector work.

Thanks for the comments. Since I often learn from other's mistakes that they talk about in these forums, I just felt it was right to tell how/why my problem appeared.

I had unplugged the Hopper so it wouldn't be an issue moving it around as it was sitting on top of the 2 HR24s from D* I had. After removing them and then the power inserter that was buried behind the big screen, I plugged it back in and proceeded to watch some channels on 72 and some recordings, it was just enough later that I tried to go to the local Fox station to watch a bit of the playoff game, and that channel is on 77 and it wouldn't switch.

Because of the length of time between moving things around and seeing an issue, it just didn't sink in that the problem was related to what I had done.

I missed some recordings that night because of this. I thought I would get a couple of them by watching them on my son's Hopper the next day. But no! He had erased them out of his PTAT folder while playing around with his Hopper. I know I can watch those episodes on Hulu a bit later, but I found that the new 3D BluRay player I just bought came with a 3 month free Hulu Plus subscription. That will allow me to catch up with those episodes and some that I had on my D* HRs.

Putting new connectors and a new barrel connector on that cable wasn't an easy task as the cable was pretty short back there. I had to swivel the 73" TV to a position to get it out of the way and hold it up while the tech did the connector work.

Try searching for those deleted PTAT events on his Hopper using the search button. You may get lucky and see them in the search results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)