New Install has no audio & no remote after activation

wledwards

Aug 30, 2005
I just installed a new out of the box PVR-501 with the platinum remote. During the dish aiming, the audio and remote worked fine....I even watched the international chanel 580 for a while with no problems. I called in the Sky Angel activation, waited a few days, then turned the system back on. It downloaded an update, then started showing the SA programming on the second day. The only problem is that now there is no audio (on coaxial, RCA or digital outputs) and the remote stopped working. I reset the system and have tried resetting the remote channel, but nothing seems to help. Anybody know what else to try? :confused:

Use the front panel buttons to navigate to the system info screen, do this by going to menue 6, 1, 3, press the sat button on the remote untill all others light up, then press 1 on the remote and then # key, wait for the sat button to blink and then press the record button twice on your remote, this should set the remote to work the reciever.

Now on to the sound, remove the coax from the reciever to the tv, hook up a vcr and put in a tape to see if you have sound, if you do then the next thing to try is using the cable from the vcr in place of the one you had on the reciever, if you still dont have sound then your reciever is bad probably.

You can also try what is called a hard reset, go into the system info screen and turn the reciever off by the front panel power button, now unplug the reciever from the wall and let it sit for 5 mins, plug back in and then pull the smart card out and reinsert and this will reset the reciever. If this doesnt work then you will need to replace the reciever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)