New install - Joey seeing Hopper as a Joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Aaron Drake

Original poster
Feb 5, 2011
Not sure if here or the installer zone is best. But here is the situation. I am a tech, I went to help another tech and fsm who were on a job tonight.

Really short version is that the Joey sees the Hopper as a Joey and will not link, Hopper sees the joey correctly.

Here is the long version.
The other tech did the install (hopper, 3 joeys), while out at the van activating the hopper the customer plugged in the joeys and started messing with them. After that they would not link up. They reset them with no result. They replaced the joeys, when the joeys boot up the first time they go through the software download step in just a couple seconds never really seeing the hopper. If you go into the moca settings it shows the hopper with the correct room name, but has it labelled joey. Next they tried to replace the hopper. Same result.
They next had more hoppers and joeys brought out, replaced the node, (did not have a spare splitter), with a fresh hopper and joeys the same problem occurred. I can not find anything on this error, they will be going back tomorrow, any ideas anyone?

When I've seen that in the past, it normally means that Joeys don't have proper software. You may need to reset factory defaults on the Joey, and make sure they Hopper has proper available Joey software. If the Hopper does have proper software for itself and the Joeys, put everything in standby for a bit and it should download to the Joeys. You may also only want to do this with 1 Joey at a time.

All of those things were done. Multiple times with multiple hoppers and joeys. Except maybe the standby thing. But the entire system had been replaced. Now it is definitely true they don't have the proper software, but how is it that after trying multiple hoppers and joeys none would download? My only thought is the splitter.

Things may have changed in the last 6 months but when my install was done in March it was absolutely imperative that each Hopper be installed and allowed to receive updates one at a time. After all of the Hoppers were installed and updated the Joeys were then installed one at a time. My install tech got the Hoppers working and then powered up 2 Joeys almost simultaneously. As a result the Joeys got to an unresettable state and both had to be replaced. No amount of reset tricks helped.

That was done, the hopper was up and running before connecting the Joey. It was fixed today thought, it was the splitter. Very strange issue since it did see the Joey, and the Moca bandwidth was fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts