New Install- No HD and Pixelization on SD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tsanders3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Simpsonville, SC
Just got switched from Dish over to Direct TV. Have the HR-23 and Slimline 5. Installer could not get a signal from 99 and 103. So, no HD. He could not get it dialed in and will have to get another installer to come out and help. I am stuck looking at SD channels that are very pixelated and some audio stutter. My question is it looked like the other satellites are around 100% signal strength. Does it sound like a signal strength issue? Installer did not seem to knowledgeable so I need some advise. I hope this is not what I have to look forward to on SD channels. Thanks!

umm have the recivers been forced download? i find this sometimes help get the 99 and 103, OR loose fittings at the ODU. i had one service call today that the Fittings at the ODU was loose and came back on. however some installs ive done, would throw 99 and 103 messages X not working... force download or reset sometimes work. most time force DL will work. i could be wrong. there wasnt trees in the LOS was there?

Um is there a B band converter on the back of the receiver? It's a rectangular box with a pig tail on the end that screws into the input on the receiver and the cable from the dish screws into the other end. If it is there take it off.

Seemed to have fixed it. Went into the settings and noticed the dish was set to slimline 5 72.5 (I believe ) changed it to just slimline 5 and it all worked. Got the HD and no pixel issues. Not sure why but it did. Have to make sure I am geting all channels. Some to the sats had n/a by transponders. Not sure what all i am doing.

Yeah that would do it. Thats kinda funny the installer didnt know to change it to slimline 5.

another possibility could of been that there was a switch in the way... where Ka band will not work. Wasnt the case though

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)