Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tac

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 12, 2003
Erie, PA
I have an install set up for Saturday......but I still have a few questions.

I requested an HR20 so that I can pull my OTA digital locals and record them. If the installer doesn't come with that do I have any recourse to get an HR20. We watch the networks enough that I have to have them.

Second, is there any kind of guarantee that I will like the service? What if I can't pull in my locals? Can I cancel and return the equipment?

To your first point.

There is no guarantee that the installer will have the HR20, and most likely, he/she will not. DirecTv to my knowledge no longer supplys us with the #20 models. All we get at the local shop is the 21's.

On the second point, whe your installer arrives, BEFORE he starts any work, ask to read the Lease Agreement. The day you activate service you are bound by the terms of the lease agreement so read it first if you have any questions.

I have an install set up for Saturday......but I still have a few questions.

I requested an HR20 so that I can pull my OTA digital locals and record them. If the installer doesn't come with that do I have any recourse to get an HR20. We watch the networks enough that I have to have them.

Second, is there any kind of guarantee that I will like the service? What if I can't pull in my locals? Can I cancel and return the equipment?

Simply refuse to have the installer do the install, you'll have to deal with D* to try to locate one, or get one from a local store.

When I first got my HR20-700, the installer started to do the install and was hooking up a HR10, I told him thats not what I ordered and I did not want old technology, I was upgrading to the MPEG4 stuff at the time .... He did some searching and got on for me a few days later.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts