new install question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

66mustang

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Greeneville,TN
Is D* still doing two dish installs for SD locals? My SD locals are on 72.5 but I have noticed that some new installs in my area consist of only one dish. What type of dish/ recivers would i get for a six tuner SD DVR set up?:confused:

Is D* still doing two dish installs for SD locals? My SD locals are on 72.5 but I have noticed that some new installs in my area consist of only one dish. What type of dish/ recivers would i get for a six tuner SD DVR set up?:confused:

IF your doing SD then your still using the 72* sat.
Your HD locals are probably on the 99 or 103 sat.
If they are getting the HD signal from the 99 or 103 they can do it without the second dish pointing at the 72 sat.

:confused: about your second question, 6 tuner SD DVR ?
DVR's only have 2 tuners ...

Jimbo

I meant total number of tuners was six. If i'm thinking right each DVR counts as two tuners and i'm wanting 3 DVR's.

All new installs in the Tri cities dma are using mpeg 4 equipment with a slimline dish. Locals are coming off the 103 bird here, no more wing dish installs. For dvrs we are using hr23-700 & h21-200 for a standard receiver. This equipment is used whether or not you sign up for standard or hd service. One huge advantage of hd service here is you can have hd on all TV's without any upgrade fees, only the $5.00 per month receiver fee. New customers receive the first dvr free with a new install. If I'm not mistaken there is a $99.00 upgrade fee per dvr after the first & no additional monthly dvr fees.

All new installs in the Tri cities dma are using mpeg 4 equipment with a slimline dish. Locals are coming off the 103 bird here, no more wing dish installs. For dvrs we are using hr23-700 & h21-200 for a standard receiver. This equipment is used whether or not you sign up for standard or hd service. One huge advantage of hd service here is you can have hd on all TV's without any upgrade fees, only the $5.00 per month receiver fee. New customers receive the first dvr free with a new install. If I'm not mistaken there is a $99.00 upgrade fee per dvr after the first & no additional monthly dvr fees.

Don't forget the addl. $ 10 p/m for the HD access.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)