new install question

rogerpl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Northern Vt.
2 hopper and 1 joey set up in two weeks.
Current setup is 1 dish for 61.5 and 72.7.
Wing dish for 110 and 119. not really needed i would think.
622 dvr with wired ethernet connected and 722 with USB wireless connected.
Will 2nd hopper need internet, How about joey?
I've been looking for a standard install guideline for installation. I'll be home and I want to have a good idea of what to expect of installer. I guess i'm worried about getting an inexperienced installer.

Hard to tell what orbitals you will need because it depends what state and county you live in. In Ohio in my county we can use both orbits west and east. If you have a old dish that was installed with your 622r you may need your dish updated. You may not need the wing dish anymore. Make shore thy remove old dish. Thay will leave the dish plate on roof so there wont be problems with roof leaks. If cables were installed new when u installed the older recvers then thy wont need to run new ones. If not thy may run them for the hoopers. Thy with install wifi addapters to both of your hoopers. Joeys don't need connectivity to because thy use hoppers.

In VT for HD you need 61.5 and 72.7 only. Definitely don't need 119 and 110 only has SD locals.

The Hopper can now work without the HIC to provide Internet to both Hoppers and all Joeys with only 1 Ethernet-connected Hopper, however I would insist on the Hopper Internet Connecter (HIC) which hooks to Ethernet and supplies Internet to all Hoppers and Joeys through the coax. Have a look at the various installation diagrams for dual Hopper setups (ignoring the one with isolators.) http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/277416-hopper-installation-training-materials.html

That will give you an idea of what to expect in regards to cabling. Make sure that the cables between the node and the Hopper are RG6 (3GHz rated.) The cables from the dish to the node can be RG6 2.2GHz. Joeys can use RG59 or (preferably) RG6.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)