New Install Question

The Harrington

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 3, 2006
NYC/Lehigh Valley, PA
Forgive me for asking what may be to many a couple of silly questions. I have searched the forums a bit before posting but haven't found an answer and I want to make certain that before I make the switch to Dish that I have all the info I need when contacting a dealer to begin the process. What I am planning on having, at least to start, is very simple, the two receivers are the DVR 625 and the Dish 322, though I may switch to two DVR 625s. My real question is the what kind of dish I should try and get. I assume that any of the packages offered on the various websites such as dishpronto.com are pretty basic so should I try and upgrade the dish? Given I am not interested in HD programming (at least for now) I see no reason to get a 1000 but should I still try and get the Super Dish and a 500 to maximize the number of channels I receive? Part of the problem is none of the web sites tell you anything about what type of dish comes with these deals so it is hard to gauge exactly what one needs. Also, given I will be having 4 TVs on the two receivers do I need to purchase a diplexer or the DP Plus 44 ahead of time or will the installer have these with him at the time of installation?

Appreciate any advice that can be offered.

TH

you will get whatever dish antennae are required to receive the programming you subscribe to. If you'll tell us that, we can determine what it will likely be.

Are you looking for the free equipment deal or wanting to buy it yourself?

Pepper - Thanks for responding. The only programming I am interested in is the Top 180, locals and, wife willing, one of the movie packages. Don the road I will likley want to go HD but that is at least a year or two away. My main interest is the free deal that Dish offers but if it is better to buy a certain type of dish than I would go that route.

TH

The installer will bring all nescessary equipment to hook you up for the free deal which includes 4 tvs and BASIC install. Things included in basic install are listed on the website. I see you are switching to dish and if that is from D then your cabling should already be in place. A big difference from D is the installer will need only run 1 cable to your dvr and other dual receiver. As Pepper stated only the required equipment will be used to cover your subscription. You'll need to order additional attennae and receiver for hd when your ready.
Good luck and enjoy, I am in my second month with the same set up your getting and I love it.

you would get either a dish500, dish1000 or superdish depending on where your locals are (i'm too lazy to look that up now but you can go to www.dishchannelchart.com and find them) if you order locals. otherwise just a dish500.

Thanks for the info. If I need diplexers or a multiswitch will the installer have it with him to install but I'll have to pay extra for? I have looked at a few wiring diagrams and this one http://www.solidsignal.com/dishnetwork/DISH_Pro-DISH_Pro_Plus_Diagrams/DistributionExample10.pdf appears to be what I will need. I just want to make certain I have everything the installer will need to get the job done on one trip. My 5 year old can get pretty surly if she doesn't get her Nickelodeon. :)

TH

I wouldnt buy anything. If you told the csr what you needed the installer should have all required equipment. When I ordered I discussed different options, prices and the installer came out with all reqired diplexors, switches ect, that was required to set up what I ordered.

the installer should install whatever he needs to, to install however many receivers you are getting. The only reason you would be charged extra is if you wanted additional tvs (beyond the 4) hooked up, wall fishing, pole mounts, ect...

No switch needed for your setup unless your going to pick up 4 satellites wich it doesnt sound like you will need 4. I would buy diplexers though just incase and you will want to get the ones made by holland as they are the only ones that I know of wich work very well with the higher voltage and frequency requirements of dish pro plus equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts