New Install Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

htpc_man

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
Springfield, MO
Just got a 1H/2J system installed and was wondering how my wiring setup compares to anyone with a similar setup..

The solo node was placed outside under the soffit our EA dish is on the roof.. There are 2 RG6 coax’s 1 Server and 1 Client running to my distribution area. The Client run is directly connected to a joey The Server run connects to a TAP from there the Host output connects to the hopper and the client output connects to the other joey.

During the install we could not get an Ethernet connection over MOCA. The hopper was connected to my router via a copper connection. I had to connect each joey also via copper to get them connected. Has this been an issue for anyone?

Would there be any benefit to switching the wiring to eliminate the TAP and just split the client side from the solo node to feed the joeys and directly connect the Hopper to the node? Anyone have their solo node inside?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)