New Install Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lrossnm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 17, 2004
Santa Fe, NM.
I am having my 622 installed by Dish tomorrow. Will be getting both the Dish and Voom HD channels (along with SD programming) but no locals. I get the HD locals OTA.
What should I get the installer to double check before they leave? I will be using a HDMI connection to my Plasma TV .

Would appreciate any feedback.

Make sure you can view channels from each of the satellites that you are supposed to be able to see.

Also make sure they install drip loops and ground the connection. My installer on Friday skipped the drip loops. They also forgot to tune in 110, and couldn't program the UHF remote to work with my Zenith TV. They just didn't care. Basically, if everything would have been done like the 622 instruction manual and the Dish 1000 install manual called for, I would've had no problems.

Since you aren't getting locals from Dish, you won't be able to use the program guide and Name Based Recording for local channels. I have an OTA, but I pay the $5 for the convenience of having the program guide & fast DVR timer setup.

Anybody who is stupid enough to skip grounding to a $1000+ TV is an idiot. Me? I'm covering my ass. If you are a "new" customer, make sure you have whatever cables you want used on hand (HDMI, Component, DVI, whatever). Dish used to supply component, but now they aren't giving us jack!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)