new install setups southern michigan

milt007

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2005
Need a little clarification. I have to admit I'm alittle confused with the recent changes. I do installs between lansing and north to grayling but I usually shut down for a few months in the winter. I'm not familiar with the new install formats and it seems like there is some conflicting info floating around.We have been using the SD21 dish. Are we now going to be using the dish1000? Where are the locals coming from if we aren't getting 121? Where do the HD channels come in to play? I also heard that if HD isn't wanted then a dish 500 is all thats needed. Also 129 will represent a line of sight issue in many cases in northern mich. so how is this to be resolved? Thanks for your input...

SD121 no changes yet for Michigan. If you want HD package you will need a second dish pointed at 129 and a DPP44 or a DP21 cascade. 129 should be no problem from MI as far as LOS. I have an 80 reading from just east of Lansing.

I'm just North of Flint & because I have heavy woods to the West of me I'm concerned about being able to see 129. Any idea how many degrees 129 is up from the horizon?:confused: I do get excellent signal strength from 110 and 119. Thanks!
Ed

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts