New install Toledo locals

zoomer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 27, 2003
Getting new hooper3 and 2 joeys installed Saturday. I am in Toledo OH market. What dish will I be getting. I have Directv now mounted on a pole. Can they use same pole? Thanks

129 for HD 110 SD eastern arc i would say depends where your pole is on your house you will get the regular locals ABC,NBC,CBS, 2 PBS,Fox and a IND station too

The important thing is you really don't have to worry about it, let the installer figure it out especially because there is no single answer until someone actually sees where you live and can see what sight lines you have to the Satellites Dish uses. Your locals are only on the Western Arc so hopefully the installer can get a line of sight to that Arc, particularly the 129 satellite which is the often the harder one to see.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Install went good except they had to put up temp dish because they could not use the pole from DTV. Will send someone out next week to put in new pole. You would think Dish would have a adapter to put on pole to reduce from 2" to 1 5/8". What a waste of money to send out a second person to install new pole.

Install went good except they had to put up temp dish because they could not use the pole from DTV. Will send someone out next week to put in new pole. You would think Dish would have a adapter to put on pole to reduce from 2" to 1 5/8". What a waste of money to send out a second person to install new pole.
This is how they do these things.
A few years ago the company created "installation Matrix"...Essentially of ever changing rules and policies that seem to have no logical basis. Years ago Dish used to supply us with pole adapters.
Then they decided to mandate every pole mount whether there were buried utilities or not, have a utility locate performed BEFORE the pole could be erected. STUPID.....Dish would rather spend money on additional labor rather then created the slightest exposure to liability. We did pole mounts without getting locates done for a decade.
Its just one reason why I got out of that business.

Dish Network owns Hughesnet and they didn't require a utility locate before we installed any dish on a pole a few years back. They required it at a rental of mine though putting a nonpen mount in first.

Well now my dish has been out since early this afternoon. When they installed he just mounted dish on a piece of particle board on the ground and it rained all day and board warped and cannot get any signal. Called dish and will be here after 2:00 tomorrow. Not to happy with them right now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)