New Install - Weaker Signals on Sat 129?

Last, but not least Dish has a QC problem with their dishes. Some will peak out just screaming while the very next one out of the same case will make you pull your hair out just trying to make min thresholds.

I have learned to flex the dish for every 1000.4 I install. They made the pan to thin and they bend out of shape way to easy.

Hi all,

Well, yesterday I decided to see if any further improvement could be made. After reading several posts about aligning the 1000.2, I decided to start at the beginning. So, I checked the plumb alignment of the pole. It was definitely not plumb, so I spent a couple hours resetting the pole. It is in perfect plumb now.

Today, I took the receiver out to the pad and did a complete alignment. I started by adjusting the pan/tilt for best signal on the 119. Once that was completed, I loosened the skew adjustment nuts and adjusted for best signals, switching back and forth between the 110 and the 129. I also noticed that during the skew adjustment the 119 was unaffected, which I believe is correct. Once again, I used TR 21 on all three sats as my standard reference. Here are my results.

........................original install................ 2nd attempt...............final attempt

Sat 110.................72....................................63................................76

Sat 119.................77....................................73................................78

Sat 129.................51....................................64................................68

I think the final numbers are pretty good on all three birds so I going to call it done. BTW, it was the skew that made the greatest improvement. It had been set at 116 by the original installer. The 1000.2 installation manual suggested a skew of 120 for my zip code. My final skew setting ended up at 122 for the best overall signals.

Thanks for all your help and advice. :)

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts