New Install

RIRWIN1983

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
I'm planning on finaly comming back to e*, and if i rember corectly the last time i had to have my dish1000 pole mounted. I'm planning on trying to get alot of the prep work done ahead of time to speed up the install. What size pole should i put in the ground for the dish1000. I plan on running perfect10 dual rg6 with ground via a conduit to the location, how much extra cable should i leave there for the dish? is there anything else i shoud, or better yet would be wise to do, in prepration for the install? I now have a 8-5 job so i cant afford to miss too much time from work on what can end up being a 1 hr install with my prep work, to a 4 hr install if i had the installer do it all. If need be i can post pics for sugestions on the best post placement. or you can pm me for them too.

I think you'll need to run all three LNBs back to a switch (DP34?) at the house in order to feed four receivers. That would mean at least a dual RG6 and a single. You might be wise to pull two duals to give you some extra capacity in case you need it, like if you later add another dish/LNB. (If any of those receivers are dual tuner then you will need either cascaded 34 switches or perhaps a DPP44.)

Why not have the installer come out and do a site survey first (you can be there or not) and tell you where the post should go and also what other accommodations are needed? Then you can do the work confident that it's exactly what is needed, and the guy can return later for the final installation. If you're doing most of the "grunt" work I think they'd be happy to help their own cause by making two trips as long is the distances aren't excessive. Maybe you won't even need to mount it on a post and that would save you a lot of unnecessary work and expense...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts