New installation: 119 good, no 110

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Iceberg said:
if they are the same angles, then skew is 90 (straight across)

The skew angle from the screen is 92

Iceberg said:
Try Simon's tinfoil thing. Cover the right part of the "eye" (this is if you are looking from behind the dish...119 is on the left and 110 is on the right (due to the bounce off the dish)

I'll give it a shot. My wife is getting frustrated when I work on it; many channels seem to work fine on 119W but there are more that we should have. Would they be broadcast on 110W?

Iceberg said:
no. They're on 119 or 110

I think you agree with me; we have some channels but not others.

Iceberg said:
I dont know if this has been asked but once you get 119, did you do a check switch?

Yes, several checks, but I either have no 110W or wrong satellite (119W with 110W selected.)

So lets see if I can backtrack here…I’m going to ask a few questions (they probably have been answered already)

You get some channels, but not all? Do you get Channel 101?

This was working before?

The skew on the dish is set at 92? (per your post above)

When you aim the dish, the screen says “Dish 119” and the bar is green?

You’ve run check switch so we got that…

What happens once you get 119 and you change in the setup screen to 110?

You’re not trying to use a DishPro LNB with a Legacy receiver?

WakeBdr said:
Sorry I don't have anything useful to add, but I had this same problem last weekend at my tailgate. I could pick up 119 and 129, but never got 110 to come in. Even though, I picked up 119 and 110 the night before at my house in 5 minutes, I couldn't get it at my tailgate.
Think about it.

If you're getting 119/129 instead of 110/119 might you be aimed 9-10 degrees too far west? :cool:

Why don't people listen?

Cover the damn 110 eye with foil, attach the receiver to the cable under the 119 eye, and move the dish until you have 119. If you are plumb and have set the skew for your location, 110 will magically :rolleyes: appear when you remove the foil and run check switch.

Iceberg said:
So lets see if I can backtrack here…I’m going to ask a few questions (they probably have been answered already)

You get some channels, but not all? Do you get Channel 101?

Yes on 101

Iceberg said:
This was working before?

Yes, in Oklahoma, then packed up and set up here in Utah.

Iceberg said:
The skew on the dish is set at 92? (per your post above)

Yes

Iceberg said:
When you aim the dish, the screen says “Dish 119” and the bar is green?

Yes, I can get >100 on the bar, and it says locked.

Iceberg said:
You’ve run check switch so we got that…

What happens once you get 119 and you change in the setup screen to 110?

It says wrong satellite, 119W with high numbers OR nothing. RED

Iceberg said:
You’re not trying to use a DishPro LNB with a Legacy receiver?

No, this is new stuff from installer (early Sept.), 311 receiver 500 antenna.

Attachments

• Antenna.JPG
    Antenna.JPG
    244.4 KB · Views: 91
rowemance said:
You can receive 110 and 119 in any of the 48 states. You need to go into your set up menu and type in your new zip code for the area you are in Utah the satellite receiver will give you all information you are looking for.

Dont forget about spot beam technology. You can pick up 119 and 110 in all 48 states but you may not be able to get all channels.
Its like riding a bike the more you do it the better you become!

Where the hell do i postion my satellite

Mind my ignorance please, but i am just getting into FTA's. I have already understood the concept of using the softwares and what to do on the computer aswell as the reciever. However, i am lost when it comes down to the following quesions

How do i knoe where to postion my satellite?

Can i pick up different channels from different regions, for example i already i have a pansat sattellite configured to get indian channels, but how could i get those aswell as say north american channels?

When i change mychannel list would i have to reposition my sattelite?

Any help would be appreciated, please reply or send a msg
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)