New installation nightmare

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
if it happens again before they leave have them call the office and talk to their GM and give them hell it is not wright to treat customers like they did

My uncle called me while the second installer was there and I told him to ask the installer to call his supervisor. He talked to the supervisor, and the supervisor was an arrogant SOB and gave him an attitude so he told him to go F... himself! I don't know the details of that discussion.

He got a call from the Executive Customer Service office and the lady apologized to him for everything that happened. They're sending a supervisor on Friday morning to do the install and the lady gave him her direct number so if there are any more issues he can call her directly.

We shall see. Amazing the kind of attitude some of these guys have.

un believable some of the people should no t be allowed to do this. we have couple people like that at my office but we riding then pretty hard for that, and if they do cancel a job we trying to go back there the same day and trying to getting done. because of me 2 people like that quit the coolest part one came up to me on his way out looked me straight in my eyes and said volkodav (I'm using it as my name here) you are a bi...... and walk out

They are both. The first one was a DNS employee and the second one was a sub-contractor. I believe that for our area the DNS office is in Hayward.

Maybe the guys in your area are real dicks but here when I got the leased 522 with "professioinal" install, I told the guys if they'd leave the dish and a generous cable that I'd sign off the work order and they could be on their way. They did. They were happy. I was happy.

Maybe the guys in your area are real dicks but here when I got the leased 522 with "professioinal" install, I told the guys if they'd leave the dish and a generous cable that I'd sign off the work order and they could be on their way. They did. They were happy. I was happy.

Man that would've been nice but they were not gonna do that. I could've done the whole thing myself and he could've been watching TV by now.

I did something like that once or twice, I recall one fella who said he installed directv, older fella who was clear on what he wanted... I peaked the dish on his post, all he wanted was some cable since I didn't run any or pretty much do anything... gave him a fresh 500' roll of direct burial he was giggly happy. Taught him a few things on his 622.....Never heard back.

I had one cat in Ann Arbor who said he came here to Satguys, boy I hooked him up.

Good to me, I good to him the way it should be.

Don't understand this one either. I am a sub. I never leave the office without plenty of extra stuff. Nothing like being out 100 miles from the office and having a receiver bad out of the box, etc.. Always, always have extras. And the second guy showing up with cable already buried and not doing the job? I'd of loved you guys. These guys had to have been lazy... really lazy. Sorry for your experience. People like that need to be weeded out of the business.

"These guys had to have been lazy... really lazy. Sorry for your experience."

That's the whole point. These guys just didn't want to do it. I know we have a lot of installers on board and they work hard but there are a lot of installers out there that need to move to a different line of work. You said it better: "People like that need to be weeded out of the business."

They're putting a real bad name on some of the good guys.

Well he finally got it installed. A 60 yrs. old guy named German from Calypso (subcontractor) in Fremont, CA got it done and what a job he did. Awesome! Kudos to him.

From the moment he got there my uncle called me and asked me to talk to him. Just by talking to him I knew he was the guy for the job. At the end of the conversation he said to me: "I came here to get it done and will get it done, even if we need 3 dishes".

In the end he got it done with one dish 1000.2. He asked my uncle to cut a couple of branches and 129 came in right away. He ran the cables neatly, you can't actually see the cables going to each room. Grounded the dish and was gonna give my uncle a lesson on how to use the equipment but it was getting late and my uncle just told him to skip it, that I could teach him how to use the equipment.

My uncle told me: "I finally got a true man that wanted to work, not like the other two punks that just ran away from the job". He bought him lunch and gave him a nice tip. Well deserved.

The only problem was that he ordered a 722 and a 222 but he got the 722 and a 322 but that's what the order said so it wasn't the installer's fault. I told him you can upgrade later, at least you got it done and we'll cross that bridge later.

In your area I would have stuck with the 2 dish solution due to 129.

That's what I wanted but the signals on 129 are not that bad and I will go back on Sunday to peak 129. If I still get the same signals I would recommend the 2 dish solution, everything is in place now except for the DP Dual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts