NEW Installation questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sheilatn

Original poster
Mar 23, 2012
Cottleville, MO
I am switching from UVerse to Directv. I need some help. My router and modem were placed in my basement by ATT and all tvs are upstairs. Will that be a problem in order to have the internet connected? I previously (prior to UVerse) had Dish. The online person said they could place the direct tv satellite where the Dish had been. Is that okay? I ordered HMC and also another DVR (not Tivo) in order to have the second set have the ability to backup, fast forward etc. according again to the online representative. Is that correct? I also will have two more regular boxes. I live alone, and only use the two tvs but have grandchildren occasionally that will use the other tvs. I ordered all this directly from Directv and am scheduled to have it installed 4/3, so I can change things if that would be better. Any help will sincerely be appreciated.

Last edited:
DirecTV can have the receviers connected to the internet wirelessly. And yes the ability to to pause, rewind, and record live tv on the other location requires its own DVR.

DirecTV might have to run new coax, depending on how good of a condition your current coax is in. The dish will probably have to be mounted somewhere else. A coax line needs to go the the basement where it will connect to a broadband DECA (a small device), which will also connect with your router. The receivers will then be networked via coax to each other and the Internet.

Thanks so much for the helpful information. I am now more confident and strongly considering moving the install date up to the middle of next week. I had held off on installation until I had some of the necessary answers. I will have more questions later I'm sure though.

And even if you have an SD TV on the other two I would get HD receivers for them. They will work find on SD TVs, better than the SD ones actually. You will also be able to watch DVRd programs on the other receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts