New installatuion issues.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kenneth1980

Original poster
Aug 23, 2008
I just had a tech install my new service on the 20th. He put in a slimline dish and a HD Dvr and two other regular boxes in the bedrooms. As soon as he left I changed the channel on the High Def TV and got a searching for signal message. The other two televisions in the house work fine. The receiver displays zeros across the board for the signal and no one will come to look at it until the middle of next month. Any one with any ideas what the installation guy messed up on? Reseting the box does not work. It will tune in to the channel and as soon as you turn to a new show it starts searching for a signal again.

Did he check all these before you signed off on the work & before he left; were you in proper working order? Were they working a one time and now dead or always dead?

What model HD receiver? Are the B-band converter(s) installed on the back? Did he perform a software update?

When he came in he turned on a football game and never did anything else that I saw. It is a HR20 and yes the converters are on the receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts