New installer needs help - adding rcvr to existing site...?

iwire

Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
Moberly, MO
Hey guys...I am new to the post...I have spent a little time reading and like the forum. I am looking for a hint or two on a problem. I am a low voltage installer...voice/data/audio/video....I have just completed a customer install of a new A/V surround setup...the cust bought an additional rcvr and asked me to install to his site. He has Dish - 3 LNB/single dish - (2) 622 (dual) rcvrs. The new one he bought is a VIP211. All are HD. I am unable to make them all work at the same time. I CAN get the new one up and running if I unplug one of the 622 feeds from the dish and redirect to the new 211. Dish support told me I needed a DPP44 switch. I got one...hooked up but did not work. I must be connecting it wrong. The DPP44 switch has a power insert (port 1)...when I connect per the diagram to this port for the new 211....it triggers the 'protect' circuit on the rcvr....plugged into any other port on the switch I get pic/sound for 60 seconds or so...then search for signal.... I installed the switch to (1) of the feeds in the attic that was originally connected to a 622. HELP!? Thanks for reading....

There is usally an order to wire a DPP44 switch, input one should be 119, input 2 - 110 and 129 or 61.5 into input 3. The connections must be direct from the dish and not from one line going to one of the receivers (Dish coax runs cannot be split in the way you described). Output 1 would be better served going to one of the 622's (the power inserter would not be needed as the 622 will be able to power the switch without it. Second 622 and 211 can be run with separate coax runs from any of the remaining outputs. Hope this helps.

If the customer has a 3 lnb dish where the lnb's are all in one unit, it is a dish 1000.2 and therefore should have three outputson the lnb.

You should be able to just run a third cable from the lnb down to the ViP211 and run check switch and you're done.

If on the other hand the lnb on the dish has a group of two in the same housing and then a solitary lnb beside it, it is a Dish 1000 and the DPP44 switch is needed.

I believe, if you use the DPP44 with the D1000.2, you only need one cable from the D1000.2 to the switch, then you can run however many up to 4 output cables (unless you cascade another switch) to your receivers. Somebody help me on this one.

EDIT - I was wrong on the D1000.2 connection to the DPP44 - connect all three outputs from the D1000.2 to the inputs on the DPP44. Port1 - 119, port 2 - 110, port 3 - 129. Power inserter goes to port 1. LNB in is disabled on D1000.2.

Last edited:
Thanks guys....I appreciate the info...I will give these ideas a try. I am certain that the LNB config is 2+1 as you described (Dish 1000).....but I will double check that also.

Don't try to power the switch from a receiver.

And make sure you're putting in the injector the right direction; use your tongue to check for voltage... you'll know it if it's there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)