New Interactive Media Guide Coming To FIOS TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have never liked the favorites guide. I would like the favorites guide to be like the regular guide similar to what is offered by Directv and Dish. I wish it was changed in the new interactive guide but I doubt that is the case.

Duct tape, baby!!! :D Works great for me!

-John

EDIT: someone beat me to it... that's 2 votes for duct tape! HAHA

I just sit a DVD-RAM jacket in front of the display.

I have noticed that if you enter and eixt the diagnostic mode the display is off. However, I don't know if it is wise to leave the STB in that state for an extended period or whether the display would remain off for an entire night.

To enter the diagnostic mode just turn off the STB and quickly hit OK/Select. You can use the remote.

I have never liked the favorites guide. I would like the favorites guide to be like the regular guide similar to what is offered by Directv and Dish. I wish it was changed in the new interactive guide but I doubt that is the case.

I just wish you could create more than one profile/favorites list.

Atleast you get favorites with FIOS. With Comcast, all you could do with your favorites is CH+. That's it.

Also with FIOS, you get to remove channels from the program guide. You don't realize how great this is until you use the Comcast box that doesn't do that and you have to flip thru 400 spanish and subscription channels to get to the block of channels you subscribe to. Ugh.

I guess my previous Comcast experience has me saying mostly good things about FIOS. I do realize they can be better (like TiVo), but for now I'm ok with it.

-John

That is basically what I was trying to say. lol

jgantert said:
Also with FIOS, you get to remove channels from the program guide. You don't realize how great this is until you use the Comcast box that doesn't do that and you have to flip thru 400 spanish and subscription channels to get to the block of channels you subscribe to. Ugh.

You would think a favorites list would be one of the most basic things in a STB but Comcast apparently doesn't think so. I even remember back in the 80's where you set 3 channels as your "favorites" and the STB would change the channel between those 3 channels. Sounds like Comcast isn't even doing that.

Atleast you get favorites with FIOS. With Comcast, all you could do with your favorites is CH+. That's it.

I guess my previous Comcast experience has me saying mostly good things about FIOS. I do realize they can be better (like TiVo), but for now I'm ok with it.
Agreed.

If you are coming from DirecTV or Dish Network, this may not seem like a big deal, because satellite receivers have had customizable channel lists for many years. However, most cable companies are still living in the stone age when it comes to channel lists -- they make you scroll or skip through their entire 400+ channel lineup to find the one you want.

On my FiOS DVR, I have about 30 channels in my guide. It takes only a few seconds to scroll through them, and virtually every channel has content that interests me at some time during the month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)