New international channel but no communication from DISH

maljabir

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
Abu Dhabi televsion appeared on my subscribed channels today on 768. The channel was noted as ABUDA on goaliebob's uplink activity report of November 30th. It is now listed on the Dish Network's Arabic programming page and is available only as part of the top-tier Arabic Elite package. It's a variety channel and has a decent range of programming, which is probably why it was put into the top package (another incentive to upgrade).

In typical DISH fashion, nobody told current customers that they were going to add a new channel and they didn't tell anybody that they had turned it on!!! I stumbled on it by accident as I was scanning channels. I don't watch the Arabic channels much, but that's ALL my 72-year-old mother-in-law ever watches. She's obviously not tech-savvy, so, to make her life easier, I've made a favorites list for her with just the Arabic channels. But, if I hadn't accidently found this channel, she wouldn't have been able to enjoy the new programming (which I'm paying for!!!).

Come on, DISH! How hard is it to send out a simple e-mail to your existing subscribers telling them about the new channel? Or how about putting up an occassional crawl on the existing channels in the package? Oh well, that's life with DISH --- how depressing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)