New iPhone 5S leaks hint at A7 chip inside made by TSMC, more colors, and a tinted dual LED flash

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, now... That blogger actually had something worth reporting: " by Daniel P. " :up

Good to see some believable leaks.
As one of the commentors said, stock up on popcorn and beer. :)
For the first time, I'd kind of like to have a 5-family handset.

Too boring. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Apple only releases one device it will be too boring. If they were to release multiple devices it could be much more exciting. A cheap iPhone, the iPhone 5s and the 5s MAX big screen version, then people would sit up and take notice. I have to agree that the iPhone 5 is not slumping in sales because it does not have an 2 LED flash on its camera, needs a faster processor, or a finger print reader. All nice features, but not what it holding back iPhone sales.

Screen size is definitely an issue in my opinion.

Screen size is definitely an issue in my opinion. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's wrong with the screen size? I'd like to see apple go to 4.5. They really should try to stay under 5 inches. Anything bigger than that and you might as well count me out on getting future iPhones. My wife has the 4s and she likes it and has no desire to get the 5 because she doesn't like the screen on the 5.

The screen on the 5 just doesn't look/feel right. They lengthened it but didn't widen it. The 5S will be the same.

The screen on the 5 just doesn't look/feel right. They lengthened it but didn't widen it. The 5S will be the same. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They made it longer and not wider because I think it was to take a shot a Sammy. Maybe they'll make the 6 wider.

They made it longer and not wider because I think it was to take a shot a Sammy. Maybe they'll make the 6 wider.

They made it a 16x9 aspect ratio. They should have just gone to 1280x720p instead of their odd resolution of 1136x640, just shy of 16:9 (1.7 pixels).

It would be stunning to have a 4.5-5" 1920x1080 display.

I don't mind if Apple offers a bigger size iPhone for people that want one. I just hope they keep the size of the current iPhone 5 around as well. For me the size of the 5 is just right.

They made it a 16x9 aspect ratio. They should have just gone to 1280x720p instead of their odd resolution of 1136x640, just shy of 16:9 (1.7 pixels).

It would be stunning to have a 4.5-5" 1920x1080 display.

They did it to make the width constant.

Less to deal with for apps.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

They did it to make the width constant.
Less to deal with for apps.
Yes. You see the same thing when you look at their various iPad resolutions.
As newer devices get more powerful processors and graphic controllers, random screen resolutions should become more common (within a family).

I think that my iPhone 4S has the perfect size. Can actually use it with one hand and it doesn't take up my entire pocket. Even the 5's screen is slightly too long for comfortable one-handed operation (such as pressing the back button.) if i want a ginormous screen I just use my iPad or laptop. The 5 didn't show any improvements significant enough for me over 4S to upgrade so the improvements to the 5S matter to me. I'll probably be getting the 5S.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I moved to the 5 from the 3GS. I don't think I'll be updating for years. Will probably replace the battery at some point, though.

If Apple releases a waterproof version, or a larger screen size I would upgrade this year off cycle. Otherwise I will wait until next year.

I really like my old 4.
Looking for a 4S to try.
Expect the faster (dual) processor will be noticeable.
Seems an ideal size and screen resolution.
Love the classic brushed (real) metal look! ;)

Mine has a number of new parts, including a battery.
It was a 5 minute job, and $6 to $9 from Amazon, shipped.
I'm not the first owner of the phone, but I estimate original battery lasted 18-24 months.
Seemed fine by me.

As to a waterproof phone with a larger screen, go with the newly released Galaxy S4 Active. (5")
They've sold 20 million S4 regular handsets in 2 months, and now are broadening the family.
This variant should satisfy everyone but divers. :)
Dont know price or avaibility; saw it on a commercial out of the UK last weekend.

Edit: some of the specs are downgraded
here is a review:
http://mobile.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/mobile-phone/3454113/samsung-galaxy-s4-active-hands-on-review/

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts