New Issue: Connection How-To Needed!

mitch5252

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2004
Enjoying the fruits of YOUR labor in giving me advice last week. But I AM BACK. New problem! I REALLY could use some simple instructions to hook up 'my stuff'. I have Directv and a Vizio SmartTV with 'built-in' Netflix and Amazon (among others, which I don't use).

My equipment:

Vizio E43-F1 TV (3 HDMI spots, one says ARC)
Directv Receiver HR24
Sony Receiver STR-DH590
92358115_10219154668531587_3147210450911887360_n.jpg

Which cable would go where to be able to use the Directv Receiver through the Sony Receiver, AND which cable would go where to be able to use Netflix/Amazon through receiver? It sure has me dumbfounded.

Right now, I have the Directv hooked directly to Sony via HDMI. And Sony to TV via HDMI. Directv works fine. I can't get Netflix/Amazon to work...

Thanks for your help once again! Please speak down to me, in your simplest terms! :)

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Enjoying the fruits of YOUR labor in giving me advice last week. But I AM BACK. New problem! I REALLY could use some simple instructions to hook up 'my stuff'. I have Directv and a Vizio SmartTV with 'built-in' Netflix and Amazon (among others, which I don't use).

My equipment:

Vizio E43-F1 TV (3 HDMI spots, one says ARC)
Directv Receiver HR24
Sony Receiver STR-DH590
92358115_10219154668531587_3147210450911887360_n.jpg

Which cable would go where to be able to use the Directv Receiver through the Sony Receiver, AND which cable would go where to be able to use Netflix/Amazon through receiver? It sure has me dumbfounded.

Right now, I have the Directv hooked directly to Sony via HDMI. And Sony to TV via HDMI. Directv works fine. I can't get Netflix/Amazon to work...

Thanks for your help once again! Please speak down to me, in your simplest terms! :)
Never could understand why manufacturers don't use banana plugs for the surrounds also.:rolleyes:

Never could understand why manufacturers don't use banana plugs for the surrounds also.:rolleyes:
Some manufacturers do use banana plugs for all the speaker outputs. My Denon AVR3400H does, was does the Onkyo AVR we have up north. Makes winterizing go a lot easier in the spring as all the connections are labeled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts